No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Bellinger was named NL Comeback Player of the Year. Now the Cubs are hoping he comes back to the team.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Cubs you know what to do to make us forget we are sad at you. No try just do.
      You need to make a competitive offer to Ohtani and have him pick someone else. NOT balk at the 10 year 500m you knew it would take to sit at the table and then say you tried!

Comment

You need to make a competitive offer to Ohtani and have him pick someone else. NOT balk at the 10 year 500m you knew it would take to sit at the table and then say you tried!
        This is nonsense IMO. If the front office of the team I follow determines that it's more effective to spread that money among 3 or 4 players than putting it all in one (extremely injury prone) basket, then that's an intelligent choice they have made. Saying that the Cubs are making the wrong choice by not offering Ohtani half a billion dollars is silly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

This is nonsense IMO. If the front office of the team I follow determines that it's more effective to spread that money among 3 or 4 players than putting it all in one (extremely injury prone) basket, then that's an intelligent choice they have made. Saying that the Cubs are making the wrong choice by not offering Ohtani half a billion dollars is silly.
          From a baseball strategy I agree with you.

That said you are missing the point. Management has stated all off season that they are going to spend money. By their own words Ohtani was their focal point. Everyone knew it was 10 years 500m as the starting point. They should not have gotten the fans hopes up by going along with the sham that has been the Cubs MO for years. They certainly could have said we are going to invest big money but not on one player. They went out of their way to state Ohtani. When rumors were his salary was going up they stayed the course. When it was suggested they were out on Ohtani a few days ago they said those leaked rumors were not true. This needs to be an Ohtani decision not one because once again the Cubs do not do what they say they are going to do.

Comment

From a baseball strategy I agree with you.

That said you are missing the point. Management has stated all off season that they are going to spend money. By their own words Ohtani was their focal point. Everyone knew it was 10 years 500m as the starting point. They should not have gotten the fans hopes up by going along with the sham that has been the Cubs MO for years. They certainly could have said we are going to invest big money but not on one player. They went out of their way to state Ohtani. When rumors were his salary was going up they stayed the course. When it was suggested they were out on Ohtani a few days ago they said those leaked rumors were not true. This needs to be an Ohtani decision not one because once again the Cubs do not do what they say they are going to do.
            IMO you're putting far too much stock into what the team is telling their fans. Ideally that is purely posturing.

If, by saying publicly they are going after Ohtani, they are able to improve a negotiation with another player, that's a win.

"From a baseball standpoint" is all the should really matter to you as a fan IMO. Just my 2c. I don't really care at all about what my team says, I care about what they do. If they don't do what they say, that's often a great thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

IMO you're putting far too much stock into what the team is telling their fans. Ideally that is purely posturing.

If, by saying publicly they are going after Ohtani, they are able to improve a negotiation with another player, that's a win.

"From a baseball standpoint" is all the should really matter to you as a fan IMO. Just my 2c. I don't really care at all about what my team says, I care about what they do. If they don't do what they say, that's often a great thing.
              True. I care about both. What they do is most important, their track record is not very good. Most of the fans were hoping this is the year that they would do.

Comment

• So, what was the Cubs offer to Ohtani? I bet they were close.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  So, what was the Cubs offer to Ohtani? I bet they were close.
                  I haven't heard if there even was an offer. I would hope something over $500M as they knew that was the starting point.

I am shocked at what he went for. If the Cubs had won the bidding at $700M I don't think I would be as happy as I thought I would be. Apparently my inner self thinks $600m is good but $700 is stupid. Who knew?!

Comment

• Michael Busch has homered in 4 straight games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X