2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    Olt probably does make the team, just because they have Christian Villanueva and Kris Bryant manning 3B at AAA/AA and really no place in the high minors to put him, unless they move his position. I don't think they're ready to move Bryant to the OF yet, not for Olt anyway.
    Olt hasn't played 3B yet this Spring because of shoulder soreness. He will probably begin the season in the minors, but it might not take long for him to replace Luis Valbuena if he gets off to a good start at AAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      Olt hasn't played 3B yet this Spring because of shoulder soreness. He will probably begin the season in the minors, but it might not take long for him to replace Luis Valbuena if he gets off to a good start at AAA.
      Today's Chicago Tribune update on Olt: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,1417499.story
      Infielder Mike Olt took grounders at third base during batting practice, then carried his work to a half-field under the supervision of coach Gary Jones. Renteria reiterated that Olt was close to starting at third.

Comment

Javier Baez is starting at second base in Monday's Cactus League game versus the Athletics.

Comment

I think he'll be making the opening day squad..

Comment

Alcantara 3-3 yesterday with a Homer...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
              I think he'll be making the opening day squad..
              Anyone else share this opinion? If he makes the opening day roster he'll need to be one of my 12 keepers. Luckily I don't have 12 keepers so I won't have to throw a keeper back but I am planning on keeping Ian Desmond and a second basemen, who is an unknown at the moment, and so I don't want to tie up my MI position. I might have to trade Desmond.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Anyone else share this opinion? If he makes the opening day roster he'll need to be one of my 12 keepers. Luckily I don't have 12 keepers so I won't have to throw a keeper back but I am planning on keeping Ian Desmond and a second basemen, who is an unknown at the moment, and so I don't want to tie up my MI position. I might have to trade Desmond.
                Reading something yesterday from a Cubs Camp correspondant and he said he didnt think Baez would be in opening day roster.
                The only person he sees making it is Olt.
                The Cubs management trying to keep the players down until they are dominating at all AAA,AA,A levels.

Comment

Mike Olt!

Service time stall for Baez

Comment

From ESPN the Magazine profile of Epstein: "adamant" that Baez will start the season in AAA.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I like Mike Olt, a lot.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, though Castro is hurt, I think the Cubs will play Barney at SS and Bonifacio at 2B while Castro is on the shelf rather than bring up Baez now. Cubs officials have been insisting that Baez will be in Triple-A to start the season, though I suppose just one more injury to the infield would be enough to make them rethink it.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachK View Post
                          Yeah, though Castro is hurt, I think the Cubs will play Barney at SS and Bonifacio at 2B while Castro is on the shelf rather than bring up Baez now. Cubs officials have been insisting that Baez will be in Triple-A to start the season, though I suppose just one more injury to the infield would be enough to make them rethink it.
                          It is about money and not winning this year. Baez will not start the season on the roster this year.

Comment

How long is Castro out?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              How long is Castro out?
                              He is about a week past his original expected return date. Here is today's Chicago Tribune update: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,3491812.story

Shortstop Starlin Castro fielded grounders and took batting practice before Thursday's game and didn't show any lingering effects of his right hamstring strain, but his return to games remains uncertain.

Comment

I read somewhere that Castro said today that he is about 90% and should be ready to go by opening day.

Comment

Working...
                                X