2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    MLBTR reporting that the Reds are considering using Eugenio Suarez at SS this year. I guess the Kyle Farmer experience isnt all it's cracked up to be. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...shortstop.html
    I am surprised by this, but it makes sense. He has lost weight and seems to have dedicated himself to giving this a go, and while he would be a poor defender there, he has played SS before and wouldn't be so bad that his excellent bat would not make up for it. Moose Tacos could move back to 3b and that would be a net positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I am surprised by this, but it makes sense. He has lost weight and seems to have dedicated himself to giving this a go, and while he would be a poor defender there, he has played SS before and wouldn't be so bad that his excellent bat would not make up for it. Moose Tacos could move back to 3b and that would be a net positive.
      How badly have they whiffed at shortstop that using Jonathan India at 2B and Suarez at SS is their best option?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        How badly have they whiffed at shortstop that using Jonathan India at 2B and Suarez at SS is their best option?
        LOL...exactly what I thought.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Horrifically. Their pitchers will not like it. For fantasy owners, it is intriguing.

Comment

• paging Amed Rosario.........................

Comment

paging Amed Rosario.........................
              This was rumored for a long time and made sense, but never happened. Not sure why.

Comment

I traded India for Tommy Pham. The new India owner traded him and then that owner decided to cut him for our winter waiver cutdown. So now India will be available at auction if he makes the roster.

I think I like him if I can get him cheap enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Horrifically. Their pitchers will not like it. For fantasy owners, it is intriguing.
                  Maybe. I didn't put eyes on Moose last year, but from his time in Milwaukee, he sure seemed like a better 3B than 2B, and I suspect India has to be much better than Moose at 2B. Net-net, probably a downgrade, but I don't think it's a major one.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Tyler Naquin is en fuego

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Tyler Naquin is en fuego
                      Until the Pirates pitchers leave town.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Until the Pirates pitchers leave town.
                        Actually, upon further review, the Reds have now scored 57 runs in their first 6 games. If their offense is really this good, they may only need an average pitching staff to be a contender.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• How in the name of all things holy is Tejay Antone not starting for this team? He is just dominating the Giants right now.

ETA: So he pitches 3 2/3 innings of no-hit ball with 5K and the a-holes pull him one out from getting the save in a 3-0 game.
                          Last edited by Pauly; 04-12-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

How in the name of all things holy is Tejay Antone not starting for this team? He is just dominating the Giants right now.

ETA: So he pitches 3 2/3 innings of no-hit ball with 5K and the a-holes pull him one out from getting the save in a 3-0 game.
                            Clearly David Bell is playing against a team that has Antone in the line up in their fantasy league.

He does look great. Maybe he isn't ready to go the distance yet, but he is a great weapon for them. It looks like maybe they are stretching him out?

Comment

How in the name of all things holy is Tejay Antone not starting for this team? He is just dominating the Giants right now.

That is a great question.

Comment

Antone almost gave up a bomb to Longoria the first time he faced him. It looked like he was starting to get tired in the 9th - his velo was down to 94 -95 and his control was slipping. So with one runner on (who ANtone had hit -HBP) the manager probably made the correct call to pull him. I hated to see it since I own him in my NL only. but,for sure Antone is the best pitcher in the pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X