2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
    I saw his first 3 or 4 AB with the radical open stance. He was swinging and missing badly at all kinds of stuff thrown out of the strike zone. I missed my chance to get him.....doh!
    Wow, he is absolutely on fire right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Aquino's rise to the big leagues has been remarkable this year. Former top prospect due to the raw talent, but struggled with Ks. Apparently a swing change this spring produced great results. Tore up AAA and he's on fire to start his MLB career. Set the Reds record for exit velocity, and he's only played 7 games.

Huge power and great arm in the OF. One of the best nicknames going "The Punisher". The talk is that he has all the tools to become a star, and he's already hitting cleanup. But he'll be 26 years old next year. Strange path.

Fun player to watch. I somehow snagged him in a keeper league last weekend for $2, hoping he's on my team for many years going forward.
      Aquino with 3 more home runs tonight to give him 7 in 9 games!
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 10 games but still an awesome feat

Comment

• 9 and 4/9ths games technically - so you are both right.

Comment

• Aquino is the first player in MLB history to hit 8HR in his first 12 games.

Wild ride
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Galvis or Iglesias - who's the better fantasy asset the rest of the way?

Comment

• I just dont see galvis supplanting Iglesias and while I am not a Peraza guy, I have to think the Reds will give him semi-regular at bats. Galvis plays half the time at most, the rest of the way.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• apparently Iglesias will be leaving via FA and Galvis is signed thru 2020.

could be the former while the Reds pretend to contend, then Galvis after?

it's the Reds, so....
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    apparently Iglesias will be leaving via FA and Galvis is signed thru 2020.

could be the former while the Reds pretend to contend, then Galvis after?

it's the Reds, so....
                    As noted it's the Reds so anything could happen, why would they need to play Iglesias when Galvis has just been better? Seems odd to bench the player who has actually been the better player...

Comment

• is Iglesias's defense better?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        is Iglesias's defense better?
                        Yes, the defensive delta is almost equivalent to their separation on offense. Both bbref and fangraphs have them very similarly valued overall.

Comment

• interesting.

could come down a bit to who is pitching that day.

the 1986 Mets had Sid Fernandez, among the most extreme fly ball Ps ever, iirc. MGR Davey Johnson, a pioneer in many ways, figured out that he could get away with HoJo at SS with Sid pitching, getting Kevin Mitchell into the lineup at 3rd base and sitting weaker-hitting SS Rafael Santana - a veritable Maytag repairman with Sid pitching.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• El Sid!

Comment

• Aquino with HR #11 tonight and now up to 22 RBI, all since August 1. Liking his chances for NL player of the month even though we still have two more weeks left.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Aquino with HR #11 tonight and now up to 22 RBI, all since August 1. Liking his chances for NL player of the month even though we still have two more weeks left.
                                He might have had a chance in the AL, but Acuna is in the NL, so no shot really

Comment

Working...
                                X