Clear All

• Bryce Harper says hi
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Bryce Harper says hi
      Hi Bryce! I know you like attention Bryce, and you've had a very nice month, but Aquino and Acuna have actually been better.

Comment

• wait, the month is over already?

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          wait, the month is over already?
          "Liking his chances for NL player of the month even though we still have two more weeks left."

Reading is fundamental!

Comment

• I just saw an interesting matchup, Amir Garrett facing Bryce Harper. Lefty on lefty, Garrett throws 5 consecutive sliders 2 inches down, 2 inches outside, all peppered in the same spot. Resulting sequence: swinging strike, swinging strike, ball, foul ball, swinging strike.

Garrett came in relief of Sims in the 3rd. Not sure if he's pegged to be a starter long term or reliever. But I enjoyed that matchup, thought it spoke to Garrett's upside.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Aquino with HR #11 tonight and now up to 22 RBI, all since August 1. Liking his chances for NL player of the month even though we still have two more weeks left.
              Aquino is the NL Player of the Month for August.
              Last edited by madducks; 11-03-2019, 01:46 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Reds acquired speedy (4th?) outfielder Travis Jankowski from the Padres in exchange for international slot money.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After signing Castellanos for big money (4 years/$64 million) and Akiyama for starter money (3 years/$21 million), the Reds outfield has quickly become very crowded. And there are trade rumors about Senzel now. Winker is looking like the 4th OF if Senzel is dealt. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

Nicholas Castellanos
                  Shogo Akiyama
                  Aristides Aquino
                  Nick Senzel
                  Jesse Winker
                  Phillip Ervin
                  Josh VanMeter
                  Scott Schebler
                  Travis Jankowski
                  Last edited by madducks; 01-27-2020, 11:17 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• they also have Schebler, Ervin, and VanMeter as OF options.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• This makes me wonder if Senzel is going to be ready for the start of the season.

It also concerns me as an Aquino owner - he already has some warts, the last thing he needs is playing time concerns.

Comment

• Senzel to the Braves makes WAY too much sense which is probably why it will never happen but here’s hoping AA is on the phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                          Senzel to the Braves makes WAY too much sense which is probably why it will never happen but here’s hoping AA is on the phone.
                          Saw a blurb about Senzel to Indians in a Lindor deal. Sounds like pure speculation though.

Comment

• Maybe someone will replace the rotting hulk of Joey Votto at 1B.

No, I'm not bitter. Not at all.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Maybe someone will replace the rotting hulk of Joey Votto at 1B.

No, I'm not bitter. Not at all.
                              Votto still has that pesky $25 million per year contract for the next 4 years. So, we all get to watch as his real baseball skills (defense?) further surpass his fantasy baseball skills.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Votto still has that pesky $25 million per year contract for the next 4 years. So, we all get to watch as his real baseball skills (defense?) further surpass his fantasy baseball skills.
                                Maybe he should switch sports: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...rs/4486756002/

Comment

Working...
                                X