No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wrote about Friday night's game in another thread. It was quite a "performance".

Two things off the field that are worth noting if you come to the GASP. One is that the fireworks they have after Friday night games are quite good. The other is that "The Banks", the area immediately west of the stadium, has a bunch of nice bars and restaurants for your pre- and post-game enjoyment. The spot formerly occupied by Riverfront Stadium isn't just a hole in the ground anymore.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

mlb.com: "In six starts since the break, Simon is 0-5 with a 5.46 ERA and he has lasted past five innings just once -- when he worked seven innings with two runs allowed on July 30 against Arizona. In the 18 starts that earned him his first All-Star nod, he was 12-3 with a 2.70 ERA."

anyone who picked him up early in NL-only leagues made a sweet, sweet profit - the question is, how soon did you drop him to max out the profit?

4.90 xERA in that span, too. peripherals are not kind, he's 33, and it's a career high in IP already (well, he's 18 IP short of his 166 IP in high A ball in 2008 that is most as a pro). and he does not appear to be a workout fiend either. this may not end well.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Surprising:

Tony Cingrani is being converted into a reliever.
        Cingrani has looked pretty good this spring in his bid for a rotation spot, so the decision comes as a surprise. Maybe the Reds feel a lighter workload will keep his shoulder from flaring back up. Raisel Iglesias is now being stretched out as a starter. Cingrani's fantasy value obviously just took a massive hit.
        Source: John Fay on TwitterMar 16 - 12:41 PM

Comment

yes....it's my fault. i drafted him.
          i think they're looking at Chapman 2.0 and wanting to get the starter move underway with Iglesias before he settles into a long relief or setup role of his own. i had honestly thought that Iglesias was going to be Chapman's replacement and they would trade him for a king's ransom in July....

Comment

Given that Cingrani is at most a two-pitch pitcher, I'm not surprised that they're sending him to the pen. I'm surprised it took this long, though. I assume he'll fill the two-inning "long" role that Simon filled two years ago.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Is this the year Billy Hamilton steals 75+? He's already got 4. If he can increase his OBP and Cincy gives him the green light, he could be this year's Vince Coleman. Run Billy run!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Is this the year Billy Hamilton steals 75+? He's already got 4. If he can increase his OBP and Cincy gives him the green light, he could be this year's Vince Coleman. Run Billy run!
                And there's number 5.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  And there's number 5.
                  watched the condensed game. these guys seem to be having more "fun" this season. Billy certainly looks like he loves to play the game and is playing it hard. Votto is smiling again...could be a good season in Cincy this year.

Comment

I bought him in most of my leagues this year as he seemed a bit undervalued to me given the notion that there's still upside in his game. I think he could hit .270 with 70 steals based on nothing more than a slight uptick in both walk rate and BABIP. But it seems like a lot of guys have Hamilton fatigue or thought he would immediately be a 100 stolen base guy for whatever reason, and they've all subsequently discounted him a bit in my estimation. And that means I'm buying.

Comment

Hamilton with another SB today, but does he have five or six now? CBS main site has him with 6, but the fantasy site has him with 5. What gives?

Comment

Hamilton with another SB today, but does he have five or six now? CBS main site has him with 6, but the fantasy site has him with 5. What gives?
                        Pretty sure it's 5. They might've gotten mixed up during yesterday's game when he stole a base but then had to go back to 1st because the batter's backswing hit the catcher in the arm. He proceeded to steal on one of the next pitches but I could see how that one could get double counted.

Comment

He stole one today but the game is in delay in the 4th, so I don't think it counts yet. I suspect the discrepancy is whether people are counting it or not.

Comment

He had 1 on opening day, 3 yesterday, and 1 so far today = 5

Comment

Neither opposing catchers nor statisticians can catch Hamilton.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Pretty sure it's 5. They might've gotten mixed up during yesterday's game when he stole a base but then had to go back to 1st because the batter's backswing hit the catcher in the arm. He proceeded to steal on one of the next pitches but I could see how that one could get double counted.
                                Looks like it's just a CBS boxscore error. MLB.com has him with 6 after today's deuce.

Comment

Working...
                                X