No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reds send Nick Senzel to minor league camp.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gennett being helped off the field in Arizona: https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1109194881509949441

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Gennett being helped off the field in Arizona: https://twitter.com/ctrent/status/1109194881509949441
        Damn! My DL (IL) is going to be full before my season even starts.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If you're a Joey Votto backer, how discouraged are you with his spring training performance? After hitting just 12 HRs last year, he has zero in spring training (and seemingly hasn't taken the bat off his shoulder). Is the power gone for good?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            If you're a Joey Votto backer, how discouraged are you with his spring training performance? After hitting just 12 HRs last year, he has zero in spring training (and seemingly hasn't taken the bat off his shoulder). Is the power gone for good?
            I'm not one who puts a ton of stock in Spring Training stats aside from very specific situations. With that said, it would have been nice to see him have at least one extra base hit this Spring (he had 5 singles) but it's nice to see that his eye is intact as ever. I think you have to hope he gets to 20 home runs - paying for anything beyond that seems foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              I'm not one who puts a ton of stock in Spring Training stats aside from very specific situations. With that said, it would have been nice to see him have at least one extra base hit this Spring (he had 5 singles) but it's nice to see that his eye is intact as ever. I think you have to hope he gets to 20 home runs - paying for anything beyond that seems foolish.
              I was strongly considering for my draft yesterday until I ran across this article:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...-exit-velocity

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                I was strongly considering for my draft yesterday until I ran across this article:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/20...-exit-velocity
                Thanks for posting. I think the conclusion feels right. I've seen people (including the Forecaster, I believe) predict that he'll get to 25 or so home runs, but I feel like 16 or so is a good bet, and hope he gets to 20. The Reds lineup will be better this year so the counting stats should rise.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  Thanks for posting. I think the conclusion feels right. I've seen people (including the Forecaster, I believe) predict that he'll get to 25 or so home runs, but I feel like 16 or so is a good bet, and hope he gets to 20. The Reds lineup will be better this year so the counting stats should rise.
                  I still feel Votto is still a very good hitter and maybe he somehow gets to 20-25 HR just not good to depend on.

Comment

• in case you're wondering if he's been traditionally a summer kind of hitter (as I was thinking), or 2nd half ... the answer turns out to be no. Here are his career HRs by month.

April/March 47
                    May 49
                    June 47
                    July 39
                    August 41
                    Sept/Oct 46
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The only league I have Votto in is a league that counts OBP and total bases, so I think I'm stuck with him, but maybe this will encourage me to see if I can find someone to overpay for him. I love the guy but I'm starting to think the evidence against a miracle comeback is mounting.

Comment

• Senzel out "several weeks" with an ankle injury suffered in minor league camp. Schebler will have a job probably until June or so at least.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Alex Wood's timeline was 'overly aggressive,' meaning he will be out significantly longer than the expected return of 'mid-April.'

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Alex Wood's timeline was 'overly aggressive,' meaning he will be out significantly longer than the expected return of 'mid-April.'
                            Shocking!! Does anyone return on time??
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yasiel Puig, Felipe Vasquez, and Keone Kela all ejected from Sunday's game along with Reds manager David Bell. It was the usual batter (Dietrich) admires home run too long, pitcher (Archer) throws at him next at bat, benches and bullpens clear, hothead players (Puig, Kela, Vasquez) and coaches (Bell) get ejected type of stuff.

edit: Just announced that Reds pitcher Amir Garrett was also tossed.
                              Last edited by madducks; 04-07-2019, 02:17 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• good photo of the donnybrook just the pinned tweet (if someone can transfer it here, please do)

fyi, several non-Reds, non-Pirates fans on Twitter wondered after the Dietrich HR if the Pirates would plunk the next guy, or wait to plunk Dietrich himself. no debate about whether some Red was going to wind up on his arse.
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X