No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jose Peraza worth a roster spot in a 15 team mixed keeper? He's on WW and Mondesi may be headed for IL.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Is Jose Peraza worth a roster spot in a 15 team mixed keeper? He's on WW and Mondesi may be headed for IL.

J
      Gennett is back in the next week to 10 days, so Peraza will be little more than a utility guy. You could roster him until then, but he may not be of much use afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Joey Votto has been absolutely gawd awful. 8 RBIs?? Oh, and he's only owed about $120m through 2024. Yikes.
        A $38 Votto ($300 budget) was just dropped in my 14 team mixed league. And i'm not even interested in picking him up since i already have Rizzo, Hosmer, and Yandy. At 35 years old, you would think Votto should still have a little more left in the tank. But, i'm not so sure.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And regarding that $120 million that Votto is owed by the Reds. Votto walks to the beat of a different drum. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see Votto walk away from substantial money before his contract is up in 2024.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Just another day at the brawl park for the Pirates and Reds last night. The battle for last place in the NL Central is very intense this year. And Puig had to get in some parting shots against the Pirates before he left for the AL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's the video of Amir Garrett going after Trevor Williams and the ensuing melee:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This guy has some great baseball video breakdowns on Youtube:

NSFW language

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Couple of thoughts here

---Puig is a fake tough guy. He coulda cracked Crick and didnt but when there were people between him, he was a tough guy
                  ---Garrett is a beast. Going right into the belly of the whale guns a blazing.
                  ---I am going to assume this is from Hurdle but the Pirates pitchers who continue to throw at peoples heads deserve a beat down. Deitrich gets hit constantly. Keep it below the waist and theres no issue. Throwing at his head and then high fiving teammates in the dugout is disgusting and cowardly.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Who cares anymore. Let em hit, punch, bean, maim each other. So what. Play ball.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      ---Garrett is a beast. Going right into the belly of the whale guns a blazing.

Leeeeerooyyyyy Jenkins

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        This guy has some great baseball video breakdowns on Youtube:

NSFW language
                        this is beautiful stuff, thanks for posting!
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          this is beautiful stuff, thanks for posting!
                          Agreed. Pirate pitchers are going to get one of their hitters killed before long. Next time it may not be in the leg.

Comment

• Suspensions from the brawl:

Yasiel Puig = 3 games
                            Amir Garrett = 8 games
                            Jared Hughes = 3 games
                            David Bell = 6 games
                            Keone Kela = 10 games
                            Jose Osuna = 5 games
                            Kyle Crick = 3 games
                            Clint Hurdle = 2 games

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Aquino's rise to the big leagues has been remarkable this year. Former top prospect due to the raw talent, but struggled with Ks. Apparently a swing change this spring produced great results. Tore up AAA and he's on fire to start his MLB career. Set the Reds record for exit velocity, and he's only played 7 games.

Huge power and great arm in the OF. One of the best nicknames going "The Punisher". The talk is that he has all the tools to become a star, and he's already hitting cleanup. But he'll be 26 years old next year. Strange path.

Fun player to watch. I somehow snagged him in a keeper league last weekend for $2, hoping he's on my team for many years going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Aquino's rise to the big leagues has been remarkable this year. Former top prospect due to the raw talent, but struggled with Ks. Apparently a swing change this spring produced great results. Tore up AAA and he's on fire to start his MLB career. Set the Reds record for exit velocity, and he's only played 7 games.

Huge power and great arm in the OF. One of the best nicknames going "The Punisher". The talk is that he has all the tools to become a star, and he's already hitting cleanup. But he'll be 26 years old next year. Strange path.

Fun player to watch. I somehow snagged him in a keeper league last weekend for $2, hoping he's on my team for many years going forward.
                                I saw his first 3 or 4 AB with the radical open stance. He was swinging and missing badly at all kinds of stuff thrown out of the strike zone. I missed my chance to get him.....doh!

Comment

Working...
                                X