No announcement yet.

2K24: Cincinnati Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It would help if Josh Bell didn't hit an even longer HR in the same game.
    I imagine that would mean Bell should have stripped naked and struck the Heisman pose, for fun's sake.

Dietrich and Archer are both idiots.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I'm not usually the fun police. I think the game is fun when players express themselves. But if you pimp the shit out of your home run to a ridiculous degree, which you are totally allowed to do, then you should expect some payback. Frankly, Archer didn't hit him, and didn't even throw behind his head which can be really dangerous. I thought it was actually a pretty measured response. Especially since I thought there was a decent chance Cervelli was just going to deck Dietrich as he crossed home plate. Yes, it's stereotypical, but imagine the half-Italian, half-Venezuelan guy having a temper?

Now, Bell gets mad because the umpires warned both benches, meaning the Reds can't retaliate by throwing at someone on the Pirates. But why should they? Archer did what was expected, and they're "even" now. Why escalate it further?

Comment

• This stuff is so subjective I dont know where to begin. Pitchers style, hitters style bla bla bla. Heres the difference. Pitchers can pick and choose what they dont like and hit you with a fastball. The hitters have about zero recourse as they never get to the mound and knock the crap out of a pitcher. When its okay for the hitters to throw the bats at pitchers, as long as they dont throw it by his head, will this then be an even playing field.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Jose Peraza has been disastrous so far, and with Nick Senzel probably in Cincinnati by the end of May, is he a short-timer?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Jose Peraza has been disastrous so far, and with Nick Senzel probably in Cincinnati by the end of May, is he a short-timer?
            I hope it's earlier than that for Senzel.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Jose Peraza has been disastrous so far, and with Nick Senzel probably in Cincinnati by the end of May, is he a short-timer?
              From FG:

51.8% O-Swing

There’s expanding the strike zone, and then there’s swinging at something that might actually be a hot dog wrapper, not a baseball. Thus far, one qualifier, the Reds’ Jose Peraza has swung at more than half of the pitches he’s faced that have gone outside the strike zone, well above his pre-2019 career mark of 35.4%. It’s safe to say that the approach isn’t working; through 53 PA, he’s hitting .154/.170/.231 (-1 wRC+), a long way from last year’s nearly league average showing (.288/.326/.416, 97 wRC+). He’s struck out in 26.4% of all plate appearances, more than double both last year’s rate (11.0%) and his career mark through 2018 (12.1%). What’s more, he hasn’t walked, but then we’re talking about a player who entered the season with a 3.9% career rate. Until Tuesday, he was not not-walking alone…
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Senzel to be promoted on Friday

Comment

• Matt Kemp released.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Matt Kemp released.
                    Ouch. That was not money well spent at my auction.

Let’s hope he lands a DH gig for an AL team fast...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      Ouch. That was not money well spent at my auction.

Let’s hope he lands a DH gig for an AL team fast...
                      Me too. I can still keep him. Depending on how long he is out Kemp should be able to get on another team.

Comment

• So the Reds seem to have mastered the first inning. If they can figure out the 2nd through 9th theyll be scary.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Joey Votto has been absolutely gawd awful. 8 RBIs?? Oh, and he's only owed about $120m through 2024. Yikes.

Comment

• Votto is even more fun to own in a league with AVG, not OBP.
                            that's 27 units I'll be getting back next year!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              Votto is even more fun to own in a league with AVG, not OBP.
                              that's 27 units I'll be getting back next year!
                              More money for you to spend on Mac Williamson...

Comment

• too soon!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X