No announcement yet.

2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle has been on fire, and is now only a half-game out from a WC slot. The concept that both the Yankees and Red Sox could fall out of the WC in favor of the Mariners and Blue Jays probably has TV execs drowning in flop sweat.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Seattle has been on fire, and is now only a half-game out from a WC slot. The concept that both the Yankees and Red Sox could fall out of the WC in favor of the Mariners and Blue Jays probably has TV execs drowning in flop sweat.
      Tied w Boston now for the last spot.

Comment

• Kyle Seager surprisingly retires

Comment

• retiring after setting career highs in homers and RBIs is really something. Good that he got a final send-off from Seattle fans the way he did, but still a crazy ending to his career.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Kyle Seager surprisingly retires
            Got him some of that sweet younger brother money for Xmas!
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Looking for any info or news on these 2 questions as it greatly will impact my keeper list decisions.

Will Julio Rodriguez make the opening day lineup?
              Is Cal Raleigh a keeper at $3 in a 12 team (2 catcher) AL only league?
              What is the latest update on Ken Giles? Will he only be out a couple of weeks? His injury update was pretty vague, so I am worried about him. I have him at $2 from last years auction, and was looking for 20+ saves from him this year. Even when healthy, will he in line for saves?

Thanks for any replies.
              Last edited by cleo; 04-03-2022, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Raleigh is strong possibility. They are still considering Rodriguez but there is nothing concrete yet. Giles is out until May.

Comment

• J-Rod should be in opening day

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                    What is the latest update on Ken Giles? Will he only be out a couple of weeks? His injury update was pretty vague, so I am worried about him. I have him at $2 from last years auction, and was looking for 20+ saves from him this year. Even when healthy, will he in line for saves?
                    Remember, they signed him to a 2-year deal knowing he'd be out a year, and that they were signing a closer for 2022. So IMO, if he's healthy, he's closing, especially with the lack of options in that pen.

As for the injury, it's a finger tendon injury, so I have no idea what will happen in 2 weeks. I drafted him in the 18th round in 1 league and he's undrafted in my other 2, which was a bit of a surprise.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Julio Rodriguez made the Opening Day roster and will presumably be the everyday CF

Comment

• An word on Haniger? I cannot find any update on him for the last week. He has been out for 9 days now, which is more than usual for a COVID positive test. Will he be back this week?

Comment

• CBS projecting he will be back this week but I don’t think that’s based on anything other than time post illness.

Comment

• Perhaps it's a small sample, but JP Crawford has lowered his K% to just 5.5%.

Crawford K% by Year
                            2017 - 25.3%
                            2018 - 26.8%
                            2019 - 21.0%
                            2020 - 16.8%
                            2021 - 16.6%
                            2022 - 5.5%

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Perhaps it's a small sample, but JP Crawford has lowered his K% to just 5.5%.

Crawford K% by Year
                              2017 - 25.3%
                              2018 - 26.8%
                              2019 - 21.0%
                              2020 - 16.8%
                              2021 - 16.6%
                              2022 - 5.5%
                              Yeah looks like a sample issue to me, his swinging strike rate is actually up half a percentage point this year. And he's watching called strikes 1.5% more. Neither of those support a decrease in K's. I guess he's getting 2 two strikes more but not striking out?

Comment

• Dont look now but your MLB leader in SBs is Julio Rodriguez. He stole 2 more today to give him 8 for the season. Even tho he isnt hitting much yet, he still has been very valuable in roto because of the steals. I was forced to "burn" him in the league I have him in, which I was lamenting but now I'm celebrating as due to him I'm now 2nd in SBs in this league. He wasnt considered a big SB threat as a prospect, even tho he stole 21 last year. BA's report says he has slightly above average speed so maybe the SBs are sustainable if he has good base-stealing skills as this report seems to indicate.
                                Last edited by rhd; 04-28-2022, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X