No announcement yet.

2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mallex Smith optioned to the alternate site.

Comment

• The Mariners place INF/OF Dylan Moore on the 10-day IL with a right wrist sprain.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mariners sent OF Mallex Smith outright to their alternate training site which means that he is off the team's 40-man roster. At this point, Seattle would probably take anything they could get for him.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• When did Dee Gordon become Dee Strange-Gordon?

Anyway, the Mariners will decline Dee Strange-Gordon's $14 million club option for 2021 and give him the $1 million buyout.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            When did Dee Gordon become Dee Strange-Gordon?
            last month

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              last month
              Strange.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Strange.
                yes exactly, his deceased mom's last name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  yes exactly, his deceased mom's last name.
                  Ah, that makes sense now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• SS JP Crawford
                    2B Dylan Moore
                    CF Kyle Lewis
                    3B Kyle Seager
                    RF Mitch Haniger
                    LF Jose Marmalejos (really?)
                    DH Ty France
                    1B Evan White
                    C Luis Torrens

Man, Seattle, you're killing me. I really really want Kyle Lewis to be for real. I really, really want Mitch Haniger to be healthy. Evan White is fun and I'd love for him to hit. But there's still a lot of work to do here.

Rotation
                    Marco Gonzalez
                    Yusei Kikuchi
                    Justus Sheffield
                    Chris Flexen
                    Justin Dunn
                    Nick Margevicius

I really like Kikuchi for a bounce-back but I fear Marco is overvalued. Flexen is an interesting flier as an import from Korea.

"Bullpen"
                    Rafael Montero and then pray for snow? Anthony Misiewicz had a 25:6 K:BB last year in 20 innings. Kendall Graveman is a name I've heard before. So is Keynan Middleton. I really like Montero given his apparent security here.

Comment

• I just want them to get Cal Raleigh to the big leagues in expedited fashion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        I just want them to get Cal Raleigh to the big leagues in expedited fashion.
                        I just want them to replace Marmelejos with Kelenic.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          "Bullpen"
                          Rafael Montero and then pray for snow? Anthony Misiewicz had a 25:6 K:BB last year in 20 innings. Kendall Graveman is a name I've heard before. So is Keynan Middleton. I really like Montero given his apparent security here.
                          They have Andres Munoz working his way back from TJS in March of 2020.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I wonder if Delaplane gets some high leverage innings this year

Comment

• Mariners president Kevin Mather had a very frank discussion with a local rotary club on Feb 5 and made several revealing comments that leaked when, well, someone posted the entire video online this weekend:
                              - the smoking gun that the team purposely doesn’t call up top minor leaguers before the free agency cutoff;
                              - kelenic & Gilbert will be up after the free agency cutoff
                              - Kelenic turned down a 6-year deal
                              - Kyle Seager is a short timer
                              - they believed the players would roll over in free agency this year
                              - apparently Mike Leake is a dick
                              - Julio Rodriguez doesn’t speak English well
                              - electronic strike zones are coming

Comment

• Mather will be exhibit A for the 2022 MLBPA strike. I imagine he will be fired soon. The first rule of front office club is that you don't talk about front office club.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X