2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Interesting that Smith, Mullins, Lourdes Gurriel - all fantasy darlings during draft seasons - all questionable hit tools with speed - all in AAA now.
    Who was the idiot who talked bad about Lourdes Gurriel? Geez.

... oh yeah it was me

Comment

• JP Crawford is quietly (?) playing pretty well, and seems to have the full time SS job locked down now. Any chance he could be delivering a classic post-hype breakout?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        JP Crawford is quietly (?) playing pretty well, and seems to have the full time SS job locked down now. Any chance he could be delivering a classic post-hype breakout?
        I always argued that JP Crawford was a mlb prospect and not a fantasy prospect. No real speed or power, right? In an only league the average and playing time is worth rostering, but I don't really see much outside of that personally.

Comment

• What about Austin Adams as a closer candidate once (if) they make a change/trade in Seattle?

Comment

• Tim Beckham suspended 80 games after he tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Looks like Anthony Bass is the closer.

Comment

• M's sign prospect Evan White to a 6-year $24m deal, which is notable because he hasn't risen higher than AA yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  M's sign prospect Evan White to a 6-year $24m deal, which is notable because he hasn't risen higher than AA yet.
                  Close - he played a few games at AAA in 2018.

Comment

• Mitch Haniger had a setback on Monday and will undergo core surgery. The surgery is expected to require at least 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Mitch Haniger had a setback on Monday and will undergo core surgery. The surgery is expected to require at least 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab.
                      Ow. Like really ow. Hurts just thinking about his rehab
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Ow. Like really ow. Hurts just thinking about his rehab
                        Thinking about the Mariners is painful by itself
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Mitch Haniger had a setback on Monday and will undergo core surgery. The surgery is expected to require at least 6-8 weeks of rest and rehab.
                          So, how much does this hurt his value?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            So, how much does this hurt his value?
                            The core surgery was bad enough. He's also just recently had back surgery. I'd say value has crashed to the floor. Maybe if I could get him in an auction cheap and stash him until 2021.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• While most clubs deploy a clear starter and backup with regard to their catching tandem, the Mariners will have a much more balanced workload behind the plate in 2020, manager Scott Servais told reporters this week (link via Greg Johns of MLB.com). Tom Murphy and Austin Nola will split time in a roughly “55-45” timeshare, per Servais, who acknowledged that Murphy will likely get the nod on Opening Day (and, presumably, receive the slightly larger workload at catcher).
                              Probably knocks down Murphy a peg or two. This guy must really suck at some major part of baseball because every chance he gets, he ends up getting squeezed. That said, if the projections on his AVG are in the right ballpark, having him sit 2-3 times per week wouldnt be the worst thing for my fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Probably knocks down Murphy a peg or two. This guy must really suck at some major part of baseball because every chance he gets, he ends up getting squeezed. That said, if the projections on his AVG are in the right ballpark, having him sit 2-3 times per week wouldnt be the worst thing for my fantasy team.
                                Can't imagine it changes it much, if at all. I'd actually disagree with the quote remark. There are just a few clubs where we have a clear starter and backup. The rest are known balanced workloads. Seattle was already one of those.

Murphy's projections are in the ~380-400 AB range. Still seems right to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X