2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Has Luis Torrens delayed the Cal Raleigh debut show? Since his return from the IL on June 15, Torrens is hitting .375/.423/1.075 in 26 PAs with 5 HRs.
    Sure looks that way. And after looking awful defensively early in the season, that seems to have improved, also.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• For those of you who didn't see it, Raleigh was promoted on Sunday.

Kelenic will be recalled, likely for good, tomorrow.

Comment

• Is Haniger a FA at the end of the year, or do the Mariners have one more year of arbitration control?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Is Haniger a FA at the end of the year, or do the Mariners have one more year of arbitration control?
          One more year. He's a FA after the '22 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            One more year. He's a FA after the '22 season.
            Thanks! Guess that means Julio will definitely be held back from Super 2 status, and maybe even longer next year.

Comment

Thanks! Guess that means Julio will definitely be held back from Super 2 status, and maybe even longer next year.
              Unless haniger is moved in a deadline deal
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Unless haniger is moved in a deadline deal
                Or, even more likely, injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Or, even more likely, injured.
                  Could be both if he's traded to the Padres....
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Could be both if he's traded to the Padres....
                    One can only hope.

Comment

• The Mariners DFA'd opening day closer Rafael Montero.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Graveman and Montero for A. Toro and Joe Smith. Seattle players are supposedly really pissed.

Comment

Graveman and Montero for A. Toro and Joe Smith. Seattle players are supposedly really pissed.
                          DFA's pitcher for one to about to get DFA'd. Thus, Graveman for Toro. One would think that Seattle could get more for Graveman. The emergence of Sewald has helped Seattle's pen, but this truly is a head scratcher.
                          "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                          "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                          WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                          PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                            DFA's pitcher for one to about to get DFA'd. Thus, Graveman for Toro. One would think that Seattle could get more for Graveman. The emergence of Sewald has helped Seattle's pen, but this truly is a head scratcher.
                            It really is. So much so that DiPoto had to come out and say there were other deals brewing that would show this to make sense, but man....Graveman has been fantastic and they're contending.

Comment

• I actually like the deal for Seattle, although 2022 and later seems like when Seattle will reap the benefits. I guess we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                I actually like the deal for Seattle, although 2022 and later seems like when Seattle will reap the benefits. I guess we will see.
                                Agreed. Selling high on a journeyman reliever and the 25 IP he’ll give you the rest of this season is good business. Grave man is having a nice year but 20 innings ago he was worth essentially zero.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X