2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Kyle Lewis left the game in the 9th inning with a knee injury. Damn, he was just starting to hit the last 10 days after struggling most of the year before that.
    Torn meniscus, placed on the IL. Sounds like a multi-month injury.

Comment

• Kelenic sucks ass....
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Kelenic sucks ass....
        I am rebuilding and offered a very strong offer for him...sometimes the best trades are the ones we don't make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          I am rebuilding and offered a very strong offer for him...sometimes the best trades are the ones we don't make.
          If you’re rebuilding, why would you care how he’s performing now? The kid will be a superstar, just maybe not this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            If you’re rebuilding, why would you care how he’s performing now? The kid will be a superstar, just maybe not this year.
            Agree, my thoughts on Kelenic have changed by 0.0%. If you are a rebuilding team you should want him as much now as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Agree, my thoughts on Kelenic have changed by 0.0%. If you are a rebuilding team you should want him as much now as ever.
              In fact, you should want him more, as I'm sure his current owner who is going for it is suffering and may part with him for less.

Comment

Torn meniscus, placed on the IL. Sounds like a multi-month injury.
                I assume Trammell gets another shot at starting for the foreseeable future. He's been killing it in AAA since his demotion. 6 HR and 3/3 on SB's in 17 games. .384/.413/.726

He's a low probability keeper for me in RJEL, but I'm glad he's getting thrown back into the deep end and forced to sink or swim.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Mike Trout hot .220 with 5 homers and 4 steals his rookie season. The next year he hit.326 with 30 homers and 49 steals...

Ken and Ed are correct, it's silly to judge Kelenic on what he's currently doing. Everyone has an adjustment period...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

We have a rule that next year's amount of keepers is determined where you finish.

1st place=10 keepers
                    2nd=11
                    3rd=12
                    4th=13
                    5th through 8th = 14 (our maximum)
                    9th=13
                    10th=12
                    11th=11
                    12th=10

I currently go between 7th-9th.

I made the hard charge for him the day he was being called up. Given the assets that I offered and Kelenic's start the trade would have cost me a keeper or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      I assume Trammell gets another shot at starting for the foreseeable future. He's been killing it in AAA since his demotion. 6 HR and 3/3 on SB's in 17 games. .384/.413/.726

He's a low probability keeper for me in RJEL, but I'm glad he's getting thrown back into the deep end and forced to sink or swim.
                      You did very well in that trade from me, getting Trammell & Bubic for Maeda -- who I just tossed into a deal for salary cap reasons.

Lewis got the dreaded "we hope he's back this season" line from DiPoto today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        We have a rule that next year's amount of keepers is determined where you finish.

1st place=10 keepers
                        2nd=11
                        3rd=12
                        4th=13
                        5th through 8th = 14 (our maximum)
                        9th=13
                        10th=12
                        11th=11
                        12th=10

I currently go between 7th-9th.

I made the hard charge for him the day he was being called up. Given the assets that I offered and Kelenic's start the trade would have cost me a keeper or two.
                        You should make another run at him, Gregg. You’ll be glad you did. Wish I had the opportunity but no chance in our league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          You should make another run at him, Gregg. You’ll be glad you did. Wish I had the opportunity but no chance in our league.
                          Yeah, he is untouchable in my league too. His owner said he was putting him on the block to a stud pitcher, he got offered Max, and got cold feet. you can't get much better than Max, so he never wanted to move him. But it worked out for me, because then let the guy know that while the Kelenic owner is a tease, I put out and made an offer of Riley Greene and Reid Detmers for Max, which was accepted, probably more just to spite the tease Kelenic owner .

Comment

• Kelenic sent to minors.

Hitting MLB pitching is hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              Hitting MLB pitching is hard.
                              It is, and much harder when you're stuck with a .109 BABIP

Comment

• Has Luis Torrens delayed the Cal Raleigh debut show? Since his return from the IL on June 15, Torrens is hitting .375/.423/1.075 in 26 PAs with 5 HRs.

Comment

Working...
                                X