2K24: Seattle Mariners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, that is what I paid too, in my 14 team mixed league with a $400 cap. My whole plan was to spend whatever it took on Cole or Bauer. They both went triple digits and I blinked after Verlander burnt me last year at a triple digit price. I pivoted to spread the risk, nabbing Carrasco, Paxton, Kluber, and JD Martinez. I love having JD so far, but really, Cole and Bauer would have been less risky than the trio of arms I got. If Klobut can stay healthy and decent and Cookie manages to come back strong, I won't cry into my Scotch, even with losing Paxton, but that is a lot of ifs.
    Some good lines, sour masher. I particularly enjoyed “so I pivoted to spread the risk, nabbing Carrasco, Paxton, Kluber...”

Not to rub salt in the wound, but I should point out that “spread the risk” does not require you to assume all of the risk for your league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Some good lines, sour masher. I particularly enjoyed “so I pivoted to spread the risk, nabbing Carrasco, Paxton, Kluber...”

Not to rub salt in the wound, but I should point out that “spread the risk” does not require you to assume all of the risk for your league.
      Now you tell me! I guess there is a reason they all went cheap. All told, I'm without Gallen, Carrasco, Paxton, and Corbin, and Caleb Smith just got moved to the bullpen, so all my SP depth went away real quick.

Comment

• Despite injuries to Paxton and Jake Fraley and Evan White, the Mariners don't seem to be accellerating the timetables for Kelenic or any of their pitchers. Not that I expected that they would.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Despite injuries to Paxton and Jake Fraley and Evan White, the Mariners don't seem to be accellerating the timetables for Kelenic or any of their pitchers. Not that I expected that they would.
          The magic date is supposedly April 17th...shocker. I guess the owners don't care about the potential lawsuit, hoping that they'll either win, or make enough on a potential investment to cover the award.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• James Paxton, meet Tommy John

See ya in '23

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              James Paxton, meet Tommy John

See ya in '23
              He's a free agent at the end of the season too. So, it's a double whammy for him
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                He's a free agent at the end of the season too. So, it's a double whammy for him
                Wouldn't be surprised to see the Mariners re-sign him on a 2-year deal... and wouldn't be surprised for him to give them a bit of a discount given how this year went.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Mariners re-sign him on a 2-year deal... and wouldn't be surprised for him to give them a bit of a discount given how this year went.
                  Bold prediction?

Comment

His 2021 salary could become the $8.5 million signing bonus.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jake Fraley has 8 BBs in 19 PAs so far this season. His batting line is a rather bizarre .100/.526/.200.

Comment

• So anyone have any intel on Kelenic and a likely callup date? I haven't been following closely but remember reading around the start of the season folks thought he'd be up by May. The SEA OF hasn't exactly been knocking the cover off the ball, Haniger excepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                          So anyone have any intel on Kelenic and a likely callup date? I haven't been following closely but remember reading around the start of the season folks thought he'd be up by May. The SEA OF hasn't exactly been knocking the cover off the ball, Haniger excepted.
                          Kelenic with 2 homers in AAA Game #1... tick tock, Mariners.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            Kelenic with 2 homers in AAA Game #1... tick tock, Mariners.
                            He still needs to improve upon the trajectory of his home runs to make them more aesthetically pleasing. Until he does that he is not worthy of a callup.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              He still needs to improve upon the trajectory of his home runs to make them more aesthetically pleasing. Until he does that he is not worthy of a callup.
                              I thought it was his posing after the homer that needed more seasoning. He needs to watch more tape of Tatis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I thought it was his posing after the homer that needed more seasoning. He needs to watch more tape of Tatis.
                                QS is indeed a flawed stat, just like W. But like stimulants helping people with ADHD, when combined, they become a useful stat for measuring pitcher value.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X