Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Moore canned

Comment

• Royals' minor leaguer, Tyler Tolbert, did something amazing this year. He had 60 SBs w/o getting caught. I couldnt find out if this was a record for the minors but it could very well be since the MLB record is only 28 (Carlos Beltran in 2004). Tolbert doesnt seem to really be a prospect. He's not listed on the team Top 30 by either BA or MLB. But an amazing feat nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Royals' minor leaguer, Tyler Tolbert, did something amazing this year. He had 60 SBs w/o getting caught. I couldnt find out if this was a record for the minors but it could very well be since the MLB record is only 28 (Carlos Beltran in 2004). Tolbert doesnt seem to really be a prospect. He's not listed on the team Top 30 by either BA or MLB. But an amazing feat nonetheless.
        Not quite. Beltran was 28-0 for Houston but he was 14-3 for the KC the same year, so his 2004 MLB stats are 42-3.

Still, it's interesting that Beltran was also a Royal. The youngest player with World Series stats is Adalberto Mondesi, age 19 in 2015. He was in the WS before his regular season MLB debut.
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that the Royals will hire Rays bench coach Matt Quatraro to be their next manager.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Great hire -- excited to see how Q works with this young roster. I don't know if they've made a pitching coach hire yet, but anything is an upgrade from Cal Eldred

Comment

• After tonite's start, Jordan Lyles is now 0-9 w a 7.30 ERA. When the O's signed Kyle Gibson, I thought "They let one Jordan Lyles go and signed another one who is both older and more expensive. They should have just kept the one they had". Good thing I'm not the O's GM. Gibson is 6-3 w a 3.82 ERA.

Comment

• Vinnie Pasquantino will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Vinnie Pasquantino will undergo season-ending surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder.
                  Ouch. Rough for him.

As a positive I guess Pratto's playing time is assured going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Ouch. Rough for him.

As a positive I guess Pratto's playing time is assured going forward.
                    Seemed pretty assured anyway but this iced it. Too bad for Pasquantino. And not as if KC needed any bad breaks.

Comment

• Grienke 1-14 on the year. How the mighty have fallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Grienke 1-14 on the year. How the mighty have fallen.
                        Hard to believe he's pitched 20 years in the bigs. So many younger fans, like my son, have no idea how great he once was, and just think of him as a scrub.

Comment

• Greinke is just 38 strikeouts away from 3000 for his career. Looks like he's not going to make it since he is averaging less than 4 K's per start this year.

However, he did get his 200th win back in 2019.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cole Ragans since being traded to KC (came over in the Aroldis trade):

47.7 IP, 35 H, 8 ER, 11 BB, 63 K, 1.51 ERA, 1.64 FIP, 4-1 W/L.

On a BA podcast, they said he could be a top ten SP next year. Wow!

Comment

• Hell of a steal for KC. They need the help!

Comment

• The Royals place C Salvador Perez on the 7-day concussion IL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X