No announcement yet.

2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB.com's Jeffrey Flanagan reports that Alex Gordon is retiring from baseball, effective Sunday.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• He was good. I'm glad the got a title while he was playing.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• My fantasy MVP that helped decide two leagues for me, well I would have never guessed it.https://twitter.com/Razzball/status/...429697/photo/1

Comment

• Again, I clicked on a thread thinking there would be some posts about one of the hottest hitters on the planet. That would be Mondesi, but, again, I dont see anything. I drafted this guy in the 1st round no less. Earlier this month, despite the SBs, I was thinking of benching him, which I'm sure many people did.

His stats thru Sept 2:
          .179/.209/.231 (ouch!!!), 134 AB, 24 H, 11 R, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 8/5 SB/CS, 4/43 BB/K (OUCH!!!)

His stats after Sept 2:
          .368/.421/.690 (!), 87 AB, 32 H, 22 R, 6 HR, 20 RBI, 16/3 SB/CS, 8/27 BB/K (better)

I cant remember a more dramatic turnaround in-season. His OPS split was .440/1.111!!! Will be interesting to see how people view him in next year's drafts/auctions.

Comment

• That Dayton Moore says Bobby Witt has a chance to make the Royals opening day roster rumor was predictably overblown. That was some Vince McMahon style #NoChanceinHell stuff.

Comment

• Hunter Dozier said his COVID was pretty nasty last year. If he's anything like the 2019 version he's quite a steal, especially if he has 1B/OF/3B eligibility by mid-April

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                That Dayton Moore says Bobby Witt has a chance to make the Royals opening day roster rumor was predictably overblown. That was some Vince McMahon style #NoChanceinHell stuff.
                “So you’re saying there’s a chance?”

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Hunter Dozier said his COVID was pretty nasty last year. If he's anything like the 2019 version he's quite a steal, especially if he has 1B/OF/3B eligibility by mid-April
                  I posted the below in someone's "help me with my keepers thread" but I think it should go here.

I am a big believer in the Dozier pending breakout. 2019 was the actual breakout and 2020 was a lost season for him.

First, he contracted COVID-19 just before the Royals started their 60-game slate. The effects of the virus lingered even when he returned to the field.

Second, Dozier admittedly pressed at the plate after getting a late start to an already shortened season.

“Honestly, yeah I definitely felt a difference after COVID,” Dozier said. “I hate saying it because it’s not an excuse, but it definitely took a toll. It kind of kicked my butt for a little bit. It took me a little while to get my lungs back, get my energy back.”
                  Also notable is Dozier is going to be triple eligible (1B, OF and 3B coming) in most leagues after the first two weeks.

Comment

• Mondesi to start the year on the IL with an oblique injury.

Comment

Mondesi to start the year on the IL with an oblique injury.
                      Yikes. Nicky Lopez recalled from the alt site and I guess he'll play SS?

Definitely helps lock Merrifield and Benny into the top 2 lineup spots for a while.

Comment

• Is Kyle Isbel worth a long look?
                        And has Edward Olivares’ outlook dimmed because of KC’s acquisition of Benintendi etc? Or did it dim and that’s why KC got reinforcements?

Comment

• Dear Hunter Dozier,
                          I know your thumb hurts, but I spent way way way too much draft capital on this 0-for-16 start. I still believe though.

Your friend,
                          Pauly

Comment

Dear Hunter Dozier,
                            I know your thumb hurts, but I spent way way way too much draft capital on this 0-for-16 start. I still believe though.

Your friend,
                            Pauly
                            A kindly entreaty worked wonders...2-4 today, with more on the way. Thanks Pauly!
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              A kindly entreaty worked wonders...2-4 today, with more on the way. Thanks Pauly!
                              Nice work Mith... I mean Pauly

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Nice work Mith... I mean Pauly
                                the gentle approach works wonders

Comment

Working...
                                X