No announcement yet.

2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting lineup yesterday. Merrifield started in RF.

RF Merrifield
    SS Mondesi
    LF Gordon
    DH Soler
    1B Schwindel
    2B Owings
    3B Dozier
    C Maldanado
    CF Hamilton

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Interesting lineup yesterday. Merrifield started in RF.

RF Merrifield
      SS Mondesi
      LF Gordon
      DH Soler
      1B Schwindel
      2B Owings
      3B Dozier
      C Maldanado
      CF Hamilton
      Over and under for SBs = 199.

Comment

• Anyone have a take on Brad Keller? He looks good, but don't know much about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Anyone have a take on Brad Keller? He looks good, but don't know much about him.
          He was a rule V guy last year who eventually worked his way into the rotation and looked good. His ratios were good but his Ks were very low, so I've been skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            He was a rule V guy last year who eventually worked his way into the rotation and looked good. His ratios were good but his Ks were very low, so I've been skeptical.
            Yeah, that was my read on him, but having a kid that young and inexperienced as your opening day starter...thought maybe there was more there.

Comment

• nicky lopez 24yo, coming off a pretty decent year in 2018, has been promoted to take on 2b full time (merrifield moving to the outfield)

20 - 5

that is lopez walks to strikeouts

6-3-9

doubles-hr-sb

.353 average

is a MUST pick up

Comment

• Royals placed Adalberto Mondesi on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to June 19, with right groin pain.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Royals placed Adalberto Mondesi on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to June 19, with right groin pain.
                  right groin pain is an odd description. Is it a strain?

Comment

• MLB SB leader Adalberto Mondesi out with what sounds like a separated shoulder. MRI today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      MLB SB leader Adalberto Mondesi out with what sounds like a separated shoulder. MRI today.
                      How long of an absence does that usually entail? I guess I can wait for an official announcement, just... booo.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        How long of an absence does that usually entail? I guess I can wait for an official announcement, just... booo.
                        I don't think there's a "usual" case. Every case is different. He could be out the rest of the year. He could be back tomorrow. Bellinger's separated his right shoulder in May and stayed in the game.

On the positive side we do know it's his glove arm.

Comment

• Mondesi question
                          We know that he can steal bases, but is there any tangible reason to believe that he can eventually get a decent batting average and learn to take a walk?
                          How is he not just Billy Hamilton?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            Mondesi question
                            We know that he can steal bases, but is there any tangible reason to believe that he can eventually get a decent batting average and learn to take a walk?
                            How is he not just Billy Hamilton?
                            He's hitting .266 and he hit .276 over the last two years which certainly fall into the "decent" category. As far as taking a walk, not likely.

But sure, he's Billy Hamilton... who instead plays SS ... and gets regular ABs ... hits with some power (close to avg mlb exit velo unlike BH who is dreadful) ... and maintains a decent avg. Which makes him significantly, significantly more valuable than Billy Hamilton in roto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              He's hitting .266 and he hit .276 over the last two years which certainly fall into the "decent" category. As far as taking a walk, not likely.

But sure, he's Billy Hamilton... who instead plays SS ... and gets regular ABs ... hits with some power (close to avg mlb exit velo unlike BH who is dreadful) ... and maintains a decent avg. Which makes him significantly, significantly more valuable than Billy Hamilton in roto.
                              Not to mention Mondesi hitting in the heart of the order vs Hamilton hitting 9th.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Mondesi schmondesi. How about Jorge Soler, he of the 35 HRs, 87 RBIs?

Comment

Working...
                                X