Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    https://twitter.com/YorkSportsGuy/st...37477063430144

Per FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, Tomko will earn $510,000 if he makes it up to the majors. Tomko hasn't pitched in the majors since the 2012 season but was reportedly throwing 92-94 mph in the Dominican Winter League.

"Tomko $1".....
    ....crickets.....
    .....room burst out in laughter...
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Lorenzo Cain to the DL with a groin strain.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Lorenzo Cain to the DL with a groin strain.
        I feel bad for the guy. He just can't stay in the lineup.

So, does Yost play Maxwell every day or does he end up in a timeshare with Jarrod Dyson?

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
          So, does Yost play Maxwell every day or does he end up in a timeshare with Jarrod Dyson?
          Pretty much a guess, but I think Dyson play most days.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            Pretty much a guess, but I think Dyson play most days.
            Dyson could be a cheap SB pickup but doesn't offer anything else.

Maxwell has always been kind of frustrating. He really looks the part of a big-league ballplayer but then he goes 0 for 4.

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
              Dyson could be a cheap SB pickup but doesn't offer anything else.

Maxwell has always been kind of frustrating. He really looks the part of a big-league ballplayer but then he goes 0 for 4.
              Dyson has always, to me, looked like the kind of guy that could turn into Michael Bourn at any minute. But, his window of opportunity is closing.

Comment

Mike Moustakas demoted to AAA.

Comment

move is looooooooooong overdue

Comment

Do we have any Royals fans here. I was back in my school days and Mike still uses a Royals player as his site name, but that was back when. Are there any current fans here? Watching their push for the division has got to be a rush.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I've had a bunch of jobs in Kansas City over the last year or so and the people I met were giddy when they gave it a go last year so they must be crapping themselves this year.

Comment

Back in the day the A's left town, leaving a bad taste. It was worse when they got good in California. From the start, the Royals were better than the A's had been. There was built in drama in that the A's were good and in the same city as the Raiders (The Chiefs went to Super Bowls then). For good reading on this, find the Bill James essays on being a Kansas City baseball fan.

The team was solid to outstanding through the mid 1980's. Then, the storied trio of Brett, White and Wilson retired. I moved out of the area in 1989. A team thatnever lost 100 games, did so with frequency. In Texas, George W Bush had purchased the local team and brought some excitement. During th 90s, they put together the bones of a playoff team and built one of the best ballparks anywhere. The Royals became a memory. I've had a casual interest, but I have not followed the team in 20 years. I know my cousins back there are absolutely nuts right now.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Do we have any Royals fans here. I was back in my school days and Mike still uses a Royals player as his site name, but that was back when. Are there any current fans here? Watching their push for the division has got to be a rush.

J
                          Take it from a Pirates fan, even a wildcard game will make fans go crazy after many years of losing. Johnny Cueto can confirm this.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I teach a grade 12 Data Management (Probability and Statistics) and use AVG as a measure of probability and SLG as a mathematical index. There is a boy in my grade 10 math class who I taught last year who is a strong math student and wears a red Maple Leafs cap, so he was already a favourite. Yesterday we were talking about baseball and he told me he is a Royals fan and watched every game. His favourite players are Duffy and Gordon. It's rare for a kid to be into baseball so I thought it was awesome and I'm happy that they are back in the playoffs and becoming a Cinderella team.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              The Royals have not played in a 9 inning postseason game since 1985.
                              Irony, thy name is eldiablo.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Mike Moustakas is a pre- and post-season beast! Regular season? Eh, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X