No announcement yet.

2k23: Kansas City Royals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sal Perez homered for the 5th consecutive game today (#38), including a GS in consecutive games. He's now 3 behind Ohtani for the MLB lead in HRs, which got me wondering if a catcher has ever led the majors in HRs. The only player to do this was Johnny Bench in 1970 and 1972. Another historic achievement w/i Perez' reach.

Comment

• A couple of KC player notes:

- Nicky Lopez is hitting .292 with a .361 OBP and has 18 SBs with 0 CS. As he was likely a waiver wire pickup in most leagues, that's a diamond right there
      - Daniel Lynch has a 2.23 ERA in 40 IP since being recalled, but it's obscured by the 15.75 ERA he had in his 1st 3 career starts

Comment

• Adalberto Mondesi returns from the IL tonight and will DH.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Kowar has been called up to start. Anybody feeling lucky this time?

Comment

• Tonite, Sal Perez hit his 39th and 40th HRs, making him the 6th catcher all-time to hit 40 HRs in a season. He's on a pace now for 48, which would be a new MLB record for catchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Tonite, Sal Perez hit his 39th and 40th HRs, making him the 6th catcher all-time to hit 40 HRs in a season. He's on a pace now for 48, which would be a new MLB record for catchers.
              The record for a catcher is a little murky.

Bench holds it with 45, but actually only hit 38 as a catcher.

Javy Lopez hit 43, with 42 coming as a catcher. If you count only games behind the plate, then that's the actual record.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                The record for a catcher is a little murky.

Bench holds it with 45, but actually only hit 38 as a catcher.

Javy Lopez hit 43, with 42 coming as a catcher. If you count only games behind the plate, then that's the actual record.
                Perez has DH 30 game. He has his 26 HR playing as catcher and 14 playing as DH. If we go by that then he is no where near the record but what I do know he is having a hell of a season.

Comment

• You guys are such Debbie Downers lol. I kid. I kid.
                  Last edited by madducks; 09-05-2021, 10:33 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And he hit another HR make that 41 or 27 as a catcher.

Comment

• Sal hit HR #43 tonite and is now the MLB RBI leader w 109. He cant officially set the all-time season HR record for catchers, altho many sites will list him as the all-time leader if he bests Bench's 45 set in 1970. But now the Royals' season record for HRs is in play, which currently is 48 by Jorge Soler in 2019.

Comment

• when's the last time that a catcher led the league in RBIs!?!?!?
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Here's one that really surprised me. I knew that Nicky Lopez was having a good year but did you realize that his bWAR is 3.8?! You prefer fWAR? That's 4.2! Just his offensive WAR is still 3.6! That's borderline all-star caliber. That's w 2 weeks left to play.

Comment

• Sal w his 46th HR today, which sets the MLB season record for HRs by a player who played primarily as a catcher. Also tied Vladdy for the MLB lead. Also leads MLB in RBI w 115. Is he going to be the spoiler for Vladdy's triple crown bid?

Comment

• Sal Perez now is the sole leader in MLB in HR w his 47th today. Again, Johnny Bench is the only catcher so far to lead MLB in HR in any season and he did so twice (1970 and 1972).

Comment

• Perez hit #48 tonite, tying him w Jorge Soler for the all-time club season record.

Comment

Working...
                                X