2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Awesome, open a thread on it in the Hot Topics forum to vent.
    My question wasn’t venting. This is a Twins thread and I wonder if the home of the St. Paul Saints would be a good alternative for home games until Minneapolis calms down?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      My question wasn’t venting. This is a Twins thread and I wonder if the home of the St. Paul Saints would be a good alternative for home games until Minneapolis calms down?
      No, the stadiums are 10 miles apart, easy access from anywhere in the Twin Cities.

And they plan on going ahead and playing today...it was a one day thing in response to the heightened tensions. The Timberwolves also postponed their game last night.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Andrelton Simmons diagnosed with covid.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Andrelton Simmons diagnosed with covid.
          No surprise, given his anti-vax stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            No surprise, given his anti-vax stance.
            ewww, is he really anti-vax?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              ewww, is he really anti-vax?
              Yeah, at least for the COVID vaccine. He didn't give his reasons; he just expressed he would not take it or advocate for anyone else taking it: https://twitter.com/Andrelton/status...04270452260869

"I’ve received some questions and some requests regarding the vaccine. And for personal reasons and past experience I will not be taking it or advocating for it. I hope I don’t have to explain myself. And hope you all make the best decision for you and your family’s health

James Karinchak said much the same thing. At least Simmons didn't equate societal pressure for vaccination to Nazis like JK did.

Comment

• At least per the COVID vaccine, yes.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Good news: Byron Buxton returned to the starting lineup today after missing 3 games while dealing with a "mild" hamstring strain.

Bad news: Saturday's game between the Twins and the Angels has been postponed due to issues with COVID-19. The team will undergo testing and contact tracing after a player (Simmons?) on the Twins tested positive for the virus.

Hey, at least Buxton got his name on the lineup card. Now the whole team might miss a few games.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Good news: Byron Buxton returned to the starting lineup today after missing 3 games while dealing with a "mild" hamstring strain.

Bad news: Saturday's game between the Twins and the Angels has been postponed due to issues with COVID-19. The team will undergo testing and contact tracing after a player (Simmons?) on the Twins tested positive for the virus.

Hey, at least Buxton got his name on the lineup card. Now the whole team might miss a few games.
                    Simmons tested positive several days ago; it won't be contact tracing due to him. Someone else must have tested positive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Yeah, at least for the COVID vaccine. He didn't give his reasons; he just expressed he would not take it or advocate for anyone else taking it: https://twitter.com/Andrelton/status...04270452260869

"I’ve received some questions and some requests regarding the vaccine. And for personal reasons and past experience I will not be taking it or advocating for it. I hope I don’t have to explain myself. And hope you all make the best decision for you and your family’s health

James Karinchak said much the same thing. At least Simmons didn't equate societal pressure for vaccination to Nazis like JK did.
                      I think the reasons are obvious; I even understand them while disagreeing with them. The Covid vaccines were developed far, far, far faster than any vaccines in history, and there has obviously been no testing regarding long-term health consequences from taking them---it's just not possible. Indeed, there have been some serious, but rare, side effects from a certain set of them--the Astrozeneca/Oxford, Johnson & Johnson, and Sputnik ones, which are all more or less the same---the blood clotting issues. Of course, that has stopped the only one that was ever given in the U.S. (J & J) from being given now. And the side effects from those tend to only affect younger people, who tend to have less severe consequences from Covid. And none of the vaccines has actually been yet approved by the FDA---only emergency use authorizations; Pfizer has just or is about to apply for actual approval, but it has not been granted yet.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think the logic has a major, major flaw, and my "freedom" day (two weeks from the second dose) was yesterday--I called to get it the day I was eligible, and got it later that week (Pfizer). The flaw or, perhaps more accurately, moral shortcoming of the argument against getting the vaccine is that it is selfish. There is no indication whatsoever that any of the vaccines has any side effect that is contagious. And all signs indicate that the side effects that are serious are far more rare than bad outcomes from Covid. But even if one thinks that given one's situation that it is better for one not to take the vaccine, it is still certainly far better for everyone else the person will come in contact with for that person to take the vaccine because Covid is very, very contagious. So, not taking it is just very, very selfish.

Comment

• Apparently, it was Garlick. He's been placed on the Covid IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Good news: Byron Buxton returned to the starting lineup today after missing 3 games while dealing with a "mild" hamstring strain.

The Sunday game has also been postponed.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Someone please check on Hornsby and make sure he's ok after that debacle of a game this afternoon.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Someone please check on Hornsby and make sure he's ok after that debacle of a game this afternoon.
                              I didn't tune in until Colome was blowing the lead in extras...when I saw his pitch count I was not surprised at all. BUT, they could have gotten out of it until Arraez air mailed that throw to Encino.

The problem is bad defense right now, and that'll change once Simmons is back. They'll rip off a steak and be right back in it...the Division is NOT filled with juggernauts. And the A's are positively on fire right now...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• All I have seen is two boxscores, but Im beginning to wonder if I should be worried about Maeda

Comment

Working...
                                X