2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Buxton of course always derailed bu injuries. Can't see that getting better as he ages.
    Well, there is Bryce Harper to consider....

EDIT TO ADD: And the Padres might just come out to play if they want multiple people from Minnesota. They just gave up their #5 prospect to the Pirates to get Frazier, so Preller is presumably willing to deal some of the top end talent, unless the GM is from the Cubs and they just give away ace pitchers....
    Last edited by chancellor; 07-26-2021, 03:46 PM.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Twins outhomered Detroit 7-0 today and lost. How often does that happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Twins outhomered Detroit 7-0 today and lost. How often does that happen?
        That reminds me of the Yankees losing the 1960 World Series to the Pirates 4 games to 3 despite outscoring them 55-27.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Twins outhomered Detroit 7-0 today and lost. How often does that happen?
          Wow, that is nuts. I wonder what the record for positive homer differential is in a lose? I'd be shocked if 7 was not the record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Wow, that is nuts. I wonder what the record for positive homer differential is in a lose? I'd be shocked if 7 was not the record.
            7 is the most HRs for a team in a loss, a tie with the Tigers, who had 2 games where they homered 7 times and lost.

In both of the Tigers' games they gave up several themselves.

So 7 has to be the largest positive differential when losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              A catcher, just like Minnesota needs, plus a back of the rotation guy! Oh, and you guys can throw in Kiriloff, too.
              Kiriloff, in two games at AAA had .500 BA, 1.500 SLG, 2.000 OPS. The funny stat, HR/FB = 200%. Check out the Fangraph page.
              Alex Kirilloff career batting statistics for Major League, Minor League, and postseason baseball

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 08-16-2021, 05:05 AM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Here's what Luis Arraez has done since July 4, not including tonite:

.404/.452/.511, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 15 R, 1 SB

No power and no speed but he's a hit machine. .435 BABIP over this period but his season BABIP is .346 and that's below his career figure! Do you realize that in 3 partial seasons he has a .326 career BA (728 AB)? That would top MLB if he "qualified". He also has more BBs than Ks.

Comment

• Time to get on the roller coaster again. Buxton started his most recent rehab on Friday by going 0-2.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Time to get on the roller coaster again. Buxton started his most recent rehab on Friday by going 0-2.
                    I am warming the seat as we speak- just dump Mondesi in a trade( non keeper) so down to Buxton to ride the “HERE WE GO TRAIN” by himself.

Comment

Time to get on the roller coaster again. Buxton started his most recent rehab on Friday by going 0-2.
                      Buxton wasn't in the lineup Saturday. Whatever that means. It should also be noted that Buxton only played the first 5 innings of Friday's game. Maybe he's on a pitch count and will start every fifth day.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Buxton wasn't in the lineup Saturday. Whatever that means. It should also be noted that Buxton only played the first 5 innings of Friday's game. Maybe he's on a pitch count and will start every fifth day.
                        Buxton played 6 innings on Sunday and went 1-3 with a solo HR.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Twins manager Rocco Baldelli told reporters Friday that Kenta Maeda will undergo season-ending elbow surgery on Wednesday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Buxton is back.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• For those hoping to get two starts out of John Gant....you'll only get three pitches. Pulled and word in the game is "serious abdominal strain".

Comment

• And on the good news side - Polanco goes yard. 30 HR - 10 SB season already with a solid BA. The Twins extension on him is looking very savvy right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X