2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Well if everyone brings a gun won't they all be safe?
    The Good Guys being the home fans correct?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• can we just not let it "go there" in the Twins thread

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        The Good Guys being the home fans correct?
        Certainly not most of the players.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The real question is, what matters more--public safety or the freedom to watch grown men play a game if we want to. Back in the day, you could go to a Nascar game and when a car flew into the stands killing a doze people, the rest of the fans would just move around the bodies and wreckage and keep on watching. Now we are all pansies not willing to put up with the risk of a few stray bullets to do what we enjoy. A small risk of death is part of the excitement.

I will now quote, completely out of context, a famous and misunderstood quote from Ben Franklin (maybe you heard of him?) to emphasize my point: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Where is that sarcasm font button?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
            This is BS. MLB, just like the NFL, are a bunch of woke a-holes. This kind of crap can go on forever.
            umm, the city has implemented a 7pm curfew for tonight ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              can we just not let it "go there" in the Twins thread
              Fine, let's return to focusing on how awesome Buxton can be when healthy. We could have the same conversation about him, really. Should he play safe to stay healthy and in the line up? But if he does, we miss out on him laying it all out there crashing into walls and stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                can we just not let it "go there" in the Twins thread
                sorry mate. I'm usually pretty good.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Is it too cliché to say--He started it?

But Yeah I love Buxton and as long as he has no air freshener dangling from his mirror he should stay relatively healthy

ok I'll stop.

just not for law enforcement.

Ok seriously.

Go Twins!
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Is it too cliché to say--He started it?
                    Probably, but that's typically my internal excuse for me being an idiot on this board so I say go for it.

Comment

• Move the series somewhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        not sure what this has to do with being Woke. It doesn't sound like they are cancelled to send a message, but for the safety of fans and employees.
                        You’re right, I’m just tired of what’s happening around this country. Sick and tired of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          not sure what this has to do with being Woke. It doesn't sound like they are cancelled to send a message, but for the safety of fans and employees.
                          Then the Twins have a serious problem; as does MLB. Let's accept your premise as accurate - the MSP police force and Hennepin County Sheriff's department cannot provide adequate protection to assure fan and employee safety in the present condition. What will follow post-Chauvin trial will be considerably worse since, either he'll get off, or he won't get sentenced to many people's satisfaction. So the Twins are in for likely weeks, possibly months, where they cannot play home games. This means either a lot of double headers or a lot of games moved from home to visitor sites.

MLB, being the staggeringly badly run organization that it is, never even has contemplated this possibility. Well, until now.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            You’re right, I’m just tired of what’s happening around this country. Sick and tired of it.
                            I am actually excited for the warmer weather and that baseball is starting
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Then the Twins have a serious problem; as does MLB. Let's accept your premise as accurate - the MSP police force and Hennepin County Sheriff's department cannot provide adequate protection to assure fan and employee safety in the present condition. What will follow post-Chauvin trial will be considerably worse since, either he'll get off, or he won't get sentenced to many people's satisfaction. So the Twins are in for likely weeks, possibly months, where they cannot play home games. This means either a lot of double headers or a lot of games moved from home to visitor sites.

MLB, being the staggeringly badly run organization that it is, never even has contemplated this possibility. Well, until now.
                              This should be in the hot topics forums I guess, but I can't help but ask in amazement, fear, and disappointment at the possibility--you really think that with the horrific murder on video that Chauvin will get off or get a light sentence? I know that has long been the status quo, but this is such a special circumstance, and even his fellow officers have turned in disgust from what they saw him do. It wasn't a split second shooting in a life or death situation. It was a long, torturous murder of a pleading, slowing dying, cuffed and subdued man, over a 9 minute period, with onlookers begging him to stop and telling him he was committing murder while they were being held at bay by other officers. There have been more tragic victims, but I can't think of a more horrific murder committed by an officer being caught on video. I cannot bring myself to believe he will not get a serious sentence from it. If you are right about that, you are also right about the Twins having a serious problem, but that will be the least of the problems in the wake of such a verdict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                This should be in the hot topics forums I guess, but I can't help but ask in amazement, fear, and disappointment at the possibility--you really think that with the horrific murder on video that Chauvin will get off or get a light sentence? I know that has long been the status quo, but this is such a special circumstance, and even his fellow officers have turned in disgust from what they saw him do. It wasn't a split second shooting in a life or death situation. It was a long, torturous murder of a pleading, slowing dying, cuffed and subdued man, over a 9 minute period, with onlookers begging him to stop and telling him he was committing murder while they were being held at bay by other officers. There have been more tragic victims, but I can't think of a more horrific murder committed by an officer being caught on video. I cannot bring myself to believe he will not get a serious sentence from it. If you are right about that, you are also right about the Twins having a serious problem, but that will be the least of the problems in the wake of such a verdict.
                                I don't know if the cop is innocent or guilty but I do know that watching the actual trial and hearing the prosecution change their narrative from "knee on neck" to "knee on back" speaks volumes

Comment

Working...
                                X