Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Unearned right?
    Yup, though I doubt he endeared himself after throwing to the wrong base and throwing badly
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Donaldson hurt running out a double.
      Shocker...said no one ever.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Shocker...said no one ever.
        Yup. I got him cheap, but I will admit I expected him to make it more than one AB. Buxton's HR was monstrous. They said 456 feet; I think the measurement is 30-40 feet short. The only other guy who came that close to hitting the scoreboard was Muscles Branyan.

Comment

• Luis Arraez left last night's game due to stomach discomfort and La Tortuga came in and got 2 hits in his absence. Yes, Astudillo got a game in at 2B and a game in at 3B last night for those who like position eligibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Luis Arraez left last night's game due to stomach discomfort and La Tortuga came in and got 2 hits in his absence. Yes, Astudillo got a game in at 2B and a game in at 3B last night for those who like position eligibility.
            Arraez is in the line-up today, a little tummy trouble, nothing more.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• This Nelson Cruz guy can hit. He might not have to retire until he's old enough to draw Social Security.

Comment

• Buxton is going to get a ton of bucks in arbitration next winter if he keeps hitting like this.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Buxton is going to get a ton of bucks in arbitration next winter if he keeps hitting like this.
                  Hard to hit from the IL, where he will end up eventually. But it is great to see him have a good run. He is special when he is on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Hard to hit from the IL, where he will end up eventually. But it is great to see him have a good run. He is special when he is on the field.
                    So, you traded him eh?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have a share of Brittle Boy, hoping this is the year he breaks the curse!
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Monday's game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis, Minnesota has been postponed due to public safety concerns about nearby protests of the shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright by police this past weekend. And tensions were already high in Minneapolis with the Chauvin murder trial going on. The entire 4-game series is now in jeopardy of being postponed unless they can move it to Boston.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Monday's game between the Red Sox and Twins in Minneapolis, Minnesota has been postponed due to public safety concerns about nearby protests of the shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright by police this past weekend. And tensions were already high in Minneapolis with the Chauvin murder trial going on. The entire 4-game series is now in jeopardy of being postponed unless they can move it to Boston.
                          This is BS. MLB, just like the NFL, are a bunch of woke a-holes. This kind of crap can go on forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                            This is BS. MLB, just like the NFL, are a bunch of woke a-holes. This kind of crap can go on forever.
                            Sidestepping the obvious response, I believe it's more of a liability and public safety issue than anyone being "woke"

BTW How'd you enjoy White Lives Matter day, yesterday?
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• not sure what this has to do with being Woke. It doesn't sound like they are cancelled to send a message, but for the safety of fans and employees.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                not sure what this has to do with being Woke. It doesn't sound like they are cancelled to send a message, but for the safety of fans and employees.
                                Well if everyone brings a gun won't they all be safe?
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X