No announcement yet.

2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whether he'll get off or not, or what the sentence will be is better for the HT Forum.

The issue here, is there's not even a conclusion to the trial, and the MSP area police forces cannot assure safety. And MLB is caught with its pants down. Seriously? No prep, no contingency plan immediately ready for such an event, knowing many of the cities MLB plays in are potentially in the same boat? I'm not sure how many millions are poured into MLB leadership - Manfred, I believe, makes around $11 mil/year - and they're less prepared than a mid-sized city school board and administration, who are paid orders of magnitude less.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      I don't know if the cop is innocent or guilty but I do know that watching the actual trial and hearing the prosecution change their narrative from "knee on neck" to "knee on back" speaks volumes
      If you do not know if Chauvin is guilty after watching the video (did you watch it?) and getting verification for the obvious during this trial--that Floyd died because of what Chauvin did, and that what he did was NOT what he was trained to do and he has no place doing as an officer of the law to a cuffed and subdued man, then I definitely want you on my jury if I ever slowly kill someone over 9 minutes, on video, while bystanders beg me to stop killing that person. I wonder if you would be so quick to embrace reasonable doubt for me, though.

ETA: Let me stop here. Pauly very politely asked for this not to take place here and I contributed to it continuing. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Whether he'll get off or not, or what the sentence will be is better for the HT Forum.

The issue here, is there's not even a conclusion to the trial, and the MSP area police forces cannot assure safety. And MLB is caught with its pants down. Seriously? No prep, no contingency plan immediately ready for such an event, knowing many of the cities MLB plays in are potentially in the same boat? I'm not sure how many millions are poured into MLB leadership - Manfred, I believe, makes around $11 mil/year - and they're less prepared than a mid-sized city school board and administration, who are paid orders of magnitude less.
        After how the pandemic was handled by MLB, nothing surprises me about Manfred and MLB in terms of lack of forethought.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Whether he'll get off or not, or what the sentence will be is better for the HT Forum.

Your expectations are unreasonable given what we've seen in corporate/Municipal/law enforcement response to the Pandemic. Baseball not being prepared for racial unrest isn't a real thing my brother. It's a municipal issue unless we're going to start expecting each and every business in the Nation to provide protection from every potential civil issue.

It's ONE damn game.

This isn't for you Chance, but the Proud Boyz Roy and Art I've NEVER seen you complain about a game being pushed back due to rain, fire , blackouts et al. NOT ONE PEEP. So it must be something else and Hobbs, if you have Art defending your position, well I guess I've heard there are very fine people on both sides.

But a bunch of people of color protesting the lethal shooting (even admittedly wrongful) bumps a game back a day and you lose your shit. That speaks volumes about who you are as does the fact you even question IF Chavin should be convicted and sick of what this country has become (diverse) and "woke"

But you're right this belongs in the HT forum now in the Conservative White Fragility thread.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Your expectations are unreasonable given what we've seen in corporate/Municipal/law enforcement response to the Pandemic. Baseball not being prepared for racial unrest isn't a real thing my brother. It's a municipal issue unless we're going to start expecting each and every business in the Nation to provide protection from every potential civil issue.

It's ONE damn game.

This isn't for you Chance, but the Proud Boyz Roy and Art I've NEVER seen you complain about a game being pushed back due to rain, fire , blackouts et al. NOT ONE PEEP. So it must be something else and Hobbs, if you have Art defending your position, well I guess I've heard there are very fine people on both sides.

But a bunch of people of color protesting the lethal shooting (even admittedly wrongful) bumps a game back a day and you lose your shit. That speaks volumes about who you are as does the fact you even question IF Chavin should be convicted and sick of what this country has become (diverse) and "woke"

But you're right this belongs in the HT forum now in the Conservative White Fragility thread.
            Get off your high horse. How dare you call me names. I’m sure it was mostly peaceful brick throwing, property destruction and looting. Just because I don’t like what’s happening in this country doesn’t make me proud boys Roy. How dare you. I love the diversity of our country, but I don’t agree with you and I don’t agree with violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
              Get off your high horse. How dare you call me names. I’m sure it was mostly peaceful brick throwing and looting. Just because I don’t like what’s happening in this country doesn’t make me proud boys Roy. How dare you.
              Is that you PGP?

You call out the NFL and MLB for being 'Woke' Like it's a bad thing.

You then say you don't like what's happening in this country.

You then quip about Brick Throwing and Looting.

It doesn't take a genius to ascertain where you stand on issues of the day.

How dare I? You haven't been around much have you.

By the way, my wife and are are buying new sheets, in your experience, which are the softest on your skin?
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• sigh.

Comment

Is that you PGP?

You call out the NFL and MLB for being 'Woke' Like it's a bad thing.

You then say you don't like what's happening in this country.

You then quip about Brick Throwing and Looting.

It doesn't take a genius to ascertain where you stand on issues of the day.

How dare I? You haven't been around much have you.

By the way, my wife and are are buying new sheets, in your experience, which are the softest on your skin?
                  Wow, you can spew that shit all you want, but I’m not crawling into your gutter. Just because I detest violence in the streets, against people and property, doesn’t make me the bad guy.

Comment

• Ok enough. Baseball only in here. That’s it. Open up a thread in the HT forum to discuss further.

Comment

Wow, you can spew that shit all you want, but I’m not crawling into your gutter. Just because I detest violence in the streets, against people and property, doesn’t make me the bad guy.
                      But blaming Wokeness and those trying to move the country into the 21st century and out of the 50s and backhanding black protests of unjustified slaughter of seemingly ONLY people of color time after time Trumps your re-edit of your original post to NOW say you're good with diversity and just down on violence. Point out ONE you've made in the past post criticizing the violence on Jan 6th or in Charlottesville or the daily gun violence taking our kids from us.

Re edit all you want.

The fact you want to ignore the WHY in the equation might not make you a bad guy, but it sure does make you part of the problem. Tell you what, you be you (entitled white guy) and I'll be me (SJW) If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore, if you don't want to engage my rhetoric, stop responding.

Either way you're the one who stepped in it. Live with the smell.

Edit. Sorry Ed, I was responding and didn't see your post feel free to delete or move my response.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Ok enough. Baseball only in here. That’s it. Open up a thread in the HT forum to discuss further.
                        So, if unrest continues in Minneapolis will the twins have to play all road games? Or perhaps St. Paul where the Saints play?

Comment

But blaming Wokeness and those trying to move the country into the 21st century and out of the 50s and backhanding black protests of unjustified slaughter of seemingly ONLY people of color time after time Trumps your re-edit of your original post to NOW say you're good with diversity and just down on violence. Point out ONE you've made in the past post criticizing the violence on Jan 6th or in Charlottesville or the daily gun violence taking our kids from us.

Re edit all you want.

The fact you want to ignore the WHY in the equation might not make you a bad guy, but it sure does make you part of the problem. Tell you what, you be you (entitled white guy) and I'll be me (SJW) If you don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore, if you don't want to engage my rhetoric, stop responding.

Either way you're the one who stepped in it. Live with the smell.

Edit. Sorry Ed, I was responding and didn't see your post feel free to delete or move my response.
                          Ok Francis

Comment

Ok Francis
                            I'm not that Lucky.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Ok Francis
                              Francis Oklahoma would probably love to see the Twins there, but I don't think it is a likely spot for them to play games.

I think we can all agree that we hope it doesn't come to the Twins being the road team all year. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I really think/hope they will be able to play at home, and in peace, soon. I guess we will know for sure in a week or so.

Comment

So, if unrest continues in Minneapolis will the twins have to play all road games? Or perhaps St. Paul where the Saints play?
                                Awesome, open a thread on it in the Hot Topics forum to vent.

Comment

Working...
                                X