No announcement yet.

2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Kirilloff has elected to undergo surgery to repair a wrist injury that has been lingering since early May. See you next year.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Assume the Twins will trade Buxton now that he has rejected a contract extension...any guess on who will be willing to pony up enough to get the man of glass?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
        Assume the Twins will trade Buxton now that he has rejected a contract extension...any guess on who will be willing to pony up enough to get the man of glass?
        I'd love to see the Padres make a deal for Buxton. I'm hoping for a Berrios, Maeda, Rogers and Buxton blockbuster at the deadline
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Maybe Donaldson too (though not to the Padres obviously)

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            I'd love to see the Padres make a deal for Buxton. I'm hoping for a Berrios, Maeda, Rogers and Buxton blockbuster at the deadline
            Man, you're like the old time (20 years ago) Yankee fans who thought that they should be able to get diamonds for nothing. What do you propose to give up for this haul of Twins?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Man, you're like the old time (20 years ago) Yankee fans who thought that they should be able to get diamonds for nothing. What do you propose to give up for this haul of Twins?
              well Berrios is the only guaranteed real diamond down the road as Byron is speculative and seeing as the Twin aren't going to pay him what he feels he's worth, his Potential is diminished by his injury history, Rodgers would just be a guy and Maeda is--to quote Orel Hershiser--Held together with bailing wire--you start with Berrios, whom they want a MLB player plus a top prospect or two. Paddack, Campusano and a depth milb guy, then add from there.

Thing is, with the acquisition of Frazier, they no longer need Buxton. I'm also pretty sure they're going after Kimbrell and might bring back Davies in any deal with the Cubs. So, Paddack, Campusano and a guy for Berrios should get er done.

But that's My thinking--Preller will probably get them all for less.

But you're also talking to the guy who got Ohtani for a 2nd rd pick so I might be being a bit unrealistic :P
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It certainly wouldn't be nothing, but the Pads have the assets to make such a deal.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  It certainly wouldn't be nothing, but the Pads have the assets to make such a deal.
                  Plus they have recent history of bendi...er trading with the Cubs. A deal in the Pads favor could only be derailed by another team stepping in with a better offer.

I was actually responding to Gwinn's Kimbrell comment.

Comment

A catcher, just like Minnesota needs, plus a back of the rotation guy! Oh, and you guys can throw in Kiriloff, too.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      A catcher, just like Minnesota needs, plus a back of the rotation guy! Oh, and you guys can throw in Kiriloff, too.
                      So you're saying--there's a chance!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What do you mean, 20 years ago? They still think they can get Gallo or Story for Clint Frazier.

Comment

• Nevermind Twins Fans, looks like the Padres are getting Scherzer. Or maybe they'll get both by throwing in Khalil Greene

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

But you're also talking to the guy who got Ohtani for a 2nd rd pick so I might be being a bit unrealistic :P

rubbing salt in the wounds...
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

rubbing salt in the wounds...
                              LOL, never brother. You know me, I think I can get gold for my garbage. AND I get lucky every once in a while.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

well Berrios is the only guaranteed real diamond down the road as Byron is speculative and seeing as the Twin aren't going to pay him what he feels he's worth, his Potential is diminished by his injury history, Rodgers would just be a guy and Maeda is--to quote Orel Hershiser--Held together with bailing wire--you start with Berrios, whom they want a MLB player plus a top prospect or two. Paddack, Campusano and a depth milb guy, then add from there.

Thing is, with the acquisition of Frazier, they no longer need Buxton. I'm also pretty sure they're going after Kimbrell and might bring back Davies in any deal with the Cubs. So, Paddack, Campusano and a guy for Berrios should get er done.

But that's My thinking--Preller will probably get them all for less.

What Bene said...no need for a catcher for the next 5 years, and gee, a back of the rotation guy who's skills are eroding weekly? Fantastic!

They'll likely hold on to both Buxton and Barrios since they really believe that can contend next year...and they'll deal with the problems then. It would really have helped if either player ever lived up to the supposed potential they have. Buxton of course always derailed bu injuries. Can't see that getting better as he ages.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X