No announcement yet.

2K24: Minnesota Twins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins place OF Brent Rooker on the 10-day IL with a fractured right forearm. Rooker suffered the injury when he was hit by a pitch from Zach Plesac during Saturday's game against the Indians.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Once one of the Twins top pitching prospects, Fernando Romero has signed a 2-year deal to play in the Japanese league. Sayonara!

Comment

• Top prospect Royce Lewis tore his ACL and is out for the season

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Top prospect Royce Lewis tore his ACL and is out for the season
          Who knows when he tore it is the thing. Did his physical and complained of knee soreness and they found the tear. Good grief....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Top prospect Royce Lewis tore his ACL and is out for the season
            well that made my minors keeper selection easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              Who knows when he tore it is the thing. Did his physical and complained of knee soreness and they found the tear. Good grief....
              Mentioned he slipped on ice - that's exactly how my boss tore his. Didn't even know he did it until two months later when he was skiing. Man, that's a tough blow for him. He did really well in AA ball in '19, but he'll be essentially out for two years straight. Ouch.

The signing of Andrelton Simmons looks really smart now.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• if your SP's were all ranked 200+ what about Pineda, Happ, Shoemaker and even Dobnak? some of them another year older but haven't seemed to lost a step. is there really an advantage to playing DET, KC and CLE more? I started thinking I don't want pitchers that have to face the Twins and the White Sox more. but then why not just have MIN pitchers since they can't play themselves. what's the ball park and defense like at MIN?

it seems like an odd combination of factors. 3 available decent pitchers on a strong team in a weak division. I looked at the White Sox first and Cease and Lopez or Rodon and thought no. then noticed MIN. how illogical could it be having 3 pitchers from the same team?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  if your SP's were all ranked 200+ what about Pineda, Happ, Shoemaker and even Dobnak? some of them another year older but haven't seemed to lost a step. is there really an advantage to playing DET, KC and CLE more? I started thinking I don't want pitchers that have to face the Twins and the White Sox more. but then why not just have MIN pitchers since they can't play themselves. what's the ball park and defense like at MIN?

it seems like an odd combination of factors. 3 available decent pitchers on a strong team in a weak division. I looked at the White Sox first and Cease and Lopez or Rodon and thought no. then noticed MIN. how illogical could it be having 3 pitchers from the same team?
                  Their defense should be outstanding with Simmons Donaldson, Buxton, etc playing behind those pitchers. I suspect that Polonco is going to be the 2nd baseman, and probaly be pretty good since he played a decent SS for years. The park is probably neutral, but I'll let others wade in on that stat. Lots of offense as well, so wins should be easier to come by.

I think that it's a reasonable theory since the D should gobble up a lot of grounders...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• How fragile is Buxton? He broke a tooth eating a steak!
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Kiriloff, who went 4-31 in Spring Training, gave the Twins the excuse to send him down to the minors to delay his Arb clock.

Oh, wait a minute....Jake Cave is such a better option in LF that sending Kiriloff down for more seasoning makes sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Kiriloff, who went 4-31 in Spring Training, gave the Twins the excuse to send him down to the minors to delay his Arb clock.

Oh, wait a minute....Jake Cave is such a better option in LF that sending Kiriloff down for more seasoning makes sense.
                        Yes sir, Cave and Rooker both at this point. Kiriloff is going to have a nice career, he's just scuffling this spring. No reason to get him into bad habits when he can get his issues worked out in camp.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• #freetrevorlarnach

Comment

• Donaldson hurt running out a double.

Comment

• And Colome crushed in the ninth.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                And Colome crushed in the ninth.
                                Unearned right?
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X