2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Pirates sign RHP Mitch Keller to a five-year, $77 million extension.

Wow! I wasn't expecting this. I am pleasantly surprised.
    If the Keller of the first half is the new Keller going forward, the Pirates just got a steal. I think he ends up being about what his final stats were, which is still a great deal for the Pirates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

the Pirates just got a steal..
      A Keller deal
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• All these years we've been expecting the club to trade Keller and here they go extend him. Love it!

Comment

• Coincidence?
          This comes a day after the Nesbitt & Rosenthal article in The Athletic (subscription required)

Why the Pirates keep losing: ‘Comfortable being mediocre’

Comment

• Paul Skenes sent to minor league camp.

For those keeping track of Skenes' professional innings pitched:

Rookie League - 1 ip
            Single A - 3 ip
            Double A - 2.2 ip
            Triple A - 12.2 ip
            Last edited by madducks; 04-18-2024, 08:11 PM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Paul Skenes sent to minor league camp.

For those keeping track of Skenes' professional innings pitched:

Rookie League - 1 ip
              Single A - 3 ip
              Double A - 2.2 ip
              Triple A - ?
              He is probably going to be bid on during the auction portion of our NL-only league this weekend. Speculation is anywhere from $3-$12, the upper end of which is crazy for someone with almost no professional experience.
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                He is probably going to be bid on during the auction portion of our NL-only league this weekend. Speculation is anywhere from $3-$12, the upper end of which is crazy for someone with almost no professional experience.
                Two weeks ago, Skenes went for $22 in my 11 team mixed keeper league to a manager who said he was only trying to bid up the price. Not sure what he thought two-thirds of a season of Skenes was worth. I dropped out around $18. But, I did end up spending $20 for a full season of Langford.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jones sold for $12 and Skenes for $9 in our NL 5x5. Is it weird to think Jones could outperform? He looked amazing today. Wish I had bid!

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                    Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Two weeks ago, Skenes went for $22 in my 11 team mixed keeper league to a manager who said he was only trying to bid up the price. Not sure what he thought two-thirds of a season of Skenes was worth. I dropped out around $18. But, I did end up spending $20 for a full season of Langford.
                    Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    Jones sold for $12 and Skenes for $9 in our NL 5x5. Is it weird to think Jones could outperform? He looked amazing today. Wish I had bid!
                    Last weekend, Skenes went for $13 and Jones went for $7 in our local $280 NL 5x5 (OBP). Both appear likely to make positive contributions this season...I just couldn't bring myself to go that high (although my partial rebuild included spending $10 on Robbie Ray as either potential trade bait in the second half or a potential keeper for 2025). TBD as to whether Jones or Skenes would have been a better use of my auction budget.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

• The Pirates acquire C Joey Bart from the Giants for RHP Austin Strickland.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates acquire C Joey Bart from the Giants for RHP Austin Strickland.
                        Joey Bart with a home run in his first Pirates at bat.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Joey Bart with a home run in his first Pirates at bat.
                          I will beat 1jay to the punch, how does this affect Henry Davis projections ?
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I will beat 1jay to the punch, how does this affect Henry Davis projections ?
                            Davis' projections will now require the following modifications. For each counting statistic, deduct 1.9763 then add 2.1587 before dividing by the square root of 2,431,315 and then multiplying by the square root of 2,398,284. Percentage stats will remain unchanged. Hope this helps.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bednar is starting to worry me. Good thing the Pirates signed Chapman.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Bednar is starting to worry me. Good thing the Pirates signed Chapman.
                                Yeah, this is not the way you want to see him start the season. I wonder if he’s still catching up from his abbreviated time during spring training…or does it seem like something else is wrong with him?
                                2021 Auction Anatomy
                                2021 Keeper Decisions
                                2020 Auction Anatomy
                                2020 Pre-Auction
                                2015 Auction Anatomy
                                2014 Auction Anatomy
                                2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

Working...
                                X