2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I'm starting to feel sorry for new Pirates manager Derek Shelton. He's probably doomed to suffer through several 100 loss seasons and then get fired. Poor guy doesn't stand a chance. Some opportunity.
    There's one season of 100 losses.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Shortstop Oneil Cruz gets the extremely late season call up as the Pirates make a desperate attempt to salvage fan interest for 2022. Cruz hit .310/.375/.594 with 17 home runs and 19 stolen bases across 302 plate appearances between Double-A and Triple-A this season. Even if he goes 10 for 10 with 5 homers in these final 2 games, he'll still "need" another half season in AAA next year to work on his bunting.
      Tallest shortstop in MLB history!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Pirates may be a miserable franchise but they have a couple of bright spots. Jacob Stallings just won the GG for NL catchers in his first full season as a regular. Not only that but he reportedly led all MLB players in Defensive Runs Saved w 21. His BR dWAR was 2.3. I had no idea. Offensively, he was at least average for a catcher w 8 HR and a .704 OPS. However, he is already 32 y/o.

Comment

• Ke'Bryan Hayes, 8yr extension

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Ke'Bryan Hayes, 8yr extension
            Looks like he already re-injured his wrist like three batters into the season.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The genius Pirates sent Roansy back down...

"We view him as a starter," Shelton said in Wrigley Field's dugout. "I think we feel, organizationally, that he's going to have impact as a starter this year, and we've got to get him stretched out. The other day, he was at three [innings] and 37, 38 [pitches]. We've got to get him starts four and 60 his next time and five and 75 and get him built up. We talk developmentally with people, this is a development thing. We've got to get him stretched out to get back here and be a starter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                The genius Pirates sent Roansy back down...

"We view him as a starter," Shelton said in Wrigley Field's dugout. "I think we feel, organizationally, that he's going to have impact as a starter this year, and we've got to get him stretched out. The other day, he was at three [innings] and 37, 38 [pitches]. We've got to get him starts four and 60 his next time and five and 75 and get him built up. We talk developmentally with people, this is a development thing. We've got to get him stretched out to get back here and be a starter."
                Why do you see this as a bad move for them?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Why do you see this as a bad move for them?
                  Oh I wrote the first part before reading/pasting the quote haha. That was my initial reaction. Plus I liked him as a follower/MR for my fantasy team.

Comment

• The Pirates on Sunday became only the sixth team since 1901 to win a game with no hits.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow. That’s a feat. A stinky feat.

Comment

The Pirates on Sunday became only the sixth team since 1901 to win a game with no hits.

I remember the 67 game. Watched it on my grandparents black and white TV.

Comment

• Is Chavis getting close to being full time? He's faced some right handers lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            Is Chavis getting close to being full time? He's faced some right handers lately.
                            I think Chavis is the Pirates 1B now. Tsutsugo hasn't hit well against RH or LH and isn't challenging Chavis for the job like many expected. And Vogelbach is locked in as the every day DH.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think Chavis is the Pirates 1B now. Tsutsugo hasn't hit well against RH or LH and isn't challenging Chavis for the job like many expected. And Vogelbach is locked in as the every day DH.
                              That doesn't leave too many other pitchers who he does hit well against, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                That doesn't leave too many other pitchers who he does hit well against, lol
                                Lol. That's what i mean. Tsutsugo isn't even worthy of being a platoon player. I think the Pirates had originally planned on utilizing Chavis and Tsutsugo in a platoon.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X