2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

Fool's gold? Nice start for sure, especially without Cruz, but let's check in again in another month.
    We should get a better idea if the Pirates are for real or not when they face the Dodgers this upcoming week and the Rays the following week. So far, it's been fun to watch. They may be forced to hold onto Bednar and Reynolds if this continues.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates have extended the contract of manager Derek Shelton beyond the 2023 season. The terms of the deal have not been disclosed yet.​
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bucs are now 16-7 after another win today and another save from Bednar. After the Brewers finish getting routed by the RedSox, Pittsburgh will be in 1st place by themselves and will have the 2nd best record in MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Bucs are now 16-7 after another win today and another save from Bednar. After the Brewers finish getting routed by the RedSox, Pittsburgh will be in 1st place by themselves and will have the 2nd best record in MLB.
          Bizarro World!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post

Bizarro World!
            If I were a Pirates fan rt now, I would be saying "Don't pinch me, I don't want to wake up!".

Comment

• Happy for all you Pirates Fans. Enjoy the ride.

Vince Velasquez. Vince Vince Vince. I have taken many a chance on you over the years. Mostly with bad results. Now I see you at the top of our Player Pool with FAAB just two days away, Hmm...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Happy for all you Pirates Fans. Enjoy the ride.

Vince Velasquez. Vince Vince Vince. I have taken many a chance on you over the years. Mostly with bad results. Now I see you at the top of our Player Pool with FAAB just two days away, Hmm...
                lol, how many times have we all been burned (to a crisp)?

Comment

• From RW:

Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette reports the Pirates and outfielder Bryan Reynolds are in agreement on an eight-year, $106.75 million contract extension.

​Are the Pirates finally out of permanently-rebuilding mode?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    From RW:

Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh-Post Gazette reports the Pirates and outfielder Bryan Reynolds are in agreement on an eight-year, $106.75 million contract extension.

​Are the Pirates finally out of permanently-rebuilding mode?
                    Seems like a good deal for the Pirates.

Comment

• I'm shocked that the Pirates gave Reynolds 8 years on his contract. I can only hope this is a sign that owner Bob Nutting is going to sell. Having a player like Reynolds signed at a bargain price makes the Pirates more attractive to a potential buyer. And so would a few post-season games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I’m shocked that Reynolds settled for less than $15 million per year. Did someone in his family get a small ownership stake, under the table?
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Happy for all you Pirates Fans. Enjoy the ride.

I could not resist. I bid $8. This bid came in 4th of 5 teams bidding. The winning bid was $24. Let the pyrotechnics begin.

Comment

I could not resist. I bid $8. This bid came in 4th of 5 teams bidding. The winning bid was $24. Let the pyrotechnics begin.
                            Wait why are people going crazy over Velazquez? He's the same pitcher he was last year and no one wanted that guy. Walks are actually up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Wait why are people going crazy over Velazquez? He's the same pitcher he was last year and no one wanted that guy. Walks are actually up.
                              Because 70-80% of roto players look at surface stats and nothing more. And he has a respectable 3.76 ERA and 1.25 WHIP. And he’s striking guys out at the moment. I, on the other hand, have him as a reserve round pick and am holding my breath for the inevitable explosion.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Because 70-80% of roto players look at surface stats and nothing more. And he has a respectable 3.76 ERA and 1.25 WHIP. And he’s striking guys out at the moment. I, on the other hand, have him as a reserve round pick and am holding my breath for the inevitable explosion.
                                He's fine as a reserve pick in a deep league. His K rate is up slightly over last year (he has 2-3 more Ks at this point than he would have with his K rate from last year - looks like noise), but down relative to 2021 and relative to his career.

Can't imagine spending even 2% of my faab on a guy like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X