2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keona Kela also will be the closer when he returns

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
      Bryan Reynolds just crushed a Berrios 95 MPH high fastball 414 feet (exit velo 104.5 MPH) to center in Target Field...but it bounced high off the RCF wall. He missed a HR by about two feet to the left, but got the triple and scored on a Polanco sac fly. Maybe, just maybe, he's tapping into his power stroke?

(Gotta love having afternoon baseball on in the background between meetings, as another benefit to working from home)
      Not if you have Musgrove in your lineup because he gets the Tigers next. Fortunately, I had other sporting action to watch (Ireland's second ever cricket victory over England; that was much more fun).

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Keona Kela also will be the closer when he returns

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/m...392/keone-kela
        He can't return soon enough. The Pirates bullpen is absolutely decimated right now with their top 4 relievers (Kela, Crick, Burdi, & Feliz) all on the IL. Their bullpen reached a new low on Friday night as they gave up 16 runs (14 earned) in 7 innings of relief in the 11 inning game against the Tigers. The lack of off days is only going to make things worse. Don't even think of looking for saves or wins on the Pirates until Kela & Crick are back. Even then it won't be a sure thing.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Barry joined the Pirates in ‘86 and led them to three straight playoff appearances from ‘90-‘92. In the 28 seasons since Bonds left, they’ve made the playoffs twice (and JC quit the Buccos to become a Yankees fan). I know it’s a pain, but sometimes putting up with the arrogant guy (when he’s one of the most talented players in history) is not the worst thing for your team. It’s easy to lead a group filled with nice guys who do exactly what you want...much more complicated to lead a group of acerbic, gifted narcissists who you really do need in order to win.

(Just my rant...Bonds was a jerk, but the Pirates have been a mess, practically ever since he left.)
          Jim Leyland not only won over a lot of fans with that incident, but he also earned a lot of respect from the players. And that includes Barry Bonds who has always spoken very highly of Jim Leyland. It was like a parent using tough love to chew out their kid.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Leyland won over fans, the Pirates front office didn’t keep Bonds, and Pittsburgh hasn’t had a consistently decent baseball team in almost three decades. Won the battle...lost the war.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              He can't return soon enough. The Pirates bullpen is absolutely decimated right now with their top 4 relievers (Kela, Crick, Burdi, & Feliz) all on the IL. Their bullpen reached a new low on Friday night as they gave up 16 runs (14 earned) in 7 innings of relief in the 11 inning game against the Tigers. The lack of off days is only going to make things worse. Don't even think of looking for saves or wins on the Pirates until Kela & Crick are back. Even then it won't be a sure thing.
              That might be the understatement of the year. Bullpen wasn't bad yesterday, but Derek Holland was absolutely carpet bombed. First five batters went HR-Single-HR-HR-HR. And this is the Tigers....
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I am intrigued by SP Chad Kuhl though. He may be fantasy league worthy once he gets stretched out and the bullpen gets healthy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  That might be the understatement of the year. Bullpen wasn't bad yesterday, but Derek Holland was absolutely carpet bombed. First five batters went HR-Single-HR-HR-HR. And this is the Tigers....
                  I went from the top of my league’s ERA & WHIP standings to midpack in both (Doolittle, Hudson and Cueto also added to the carnage). Needless to say, Holland is no longer on my team, as I added Matzek in an attempt to repair my ratios.
                  2021 Auction Anatomy
                  2021 Keeper Decisions
                  2020 Auction Anatomy
                  2020 Pre-Auction
                  2015 Auction Anatomy
                  2014 Auction Anatomy
                  2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                  RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Cueto threw 5 no-hit innings last night against the Dodgers.

Kike Hernandez led off the 6th with a long, lazy fly to left, near the warning track.

unfortunately, the rotting corpse of Hunter Pence either lost the ball in the lights or had a "senior moment" - so he was close to 100 feet away from the damn ball. this was a "triple." EHern soon scored, a peeved Cueto walked 2 batters, then allowed a 3-run HR to JTurner.

but enough about the Pirates!
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Leyland won over fans, the Pirates front office didn’t keep Bonds, and Pittsburgh hasn’t had a consistently decent baseball team in almost three decades. Won the battle...lost the war.
                      The Pirates MO for the last 40 years has been to try to create a 3 year window of opportunity once or twice every decade. But, they keep missing their windows and turning 4 year rebuilds into 8 year rebuilds. It's a vicious cycle.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Phillip Evans, who got into a nasty collision with Gregory Polanco yesterday, broke his jaw and has a concussion and is out for the season.

Comment

• The Pirates place 3B Colin Moran on the 7-day concussion IL, retroactive to August 24.

The Pirates place RP Keone Kela on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 24, with right forearm tightness.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            The Pirates place RP Keone Kela on the 10-day IL, retroactive to August 24, with right forearm tightness.
                            Don't ask for whom Dr. Andrews tolls, he tolls for Kela.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Anthony Alford was removed from Saturday's game with a fractured right elbow. He suffered the injury when he ran into the centerfield wall while trying to make a play on a homerun ball.

After the Pirates claimed Alford off of waivers from the Blue Jays last week, the Pirates CF job was his for the taking. But, now he will miss the remainder of the 2020 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Nick Tropeano has been impressive enough in middle relief that the Pirates may consider him for some starts down the stretch.

In 13.1 IP Tropeano has 18 K's & 4 BB's along with a 1.35 ERA & 1.28 WHIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X