No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any read on how much PT tony sanchez will get? i can activate him from my minors if he'll get enough (i have a hole i can slot him into), but it's not worth it if he's only going to play once a week...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Gregory Polanco is hitting .433 through 8 games at AAA. How long until he's in Pittsburgh?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Gregory Polanco is hitting .433 through 8 games at AAA. How long until he's in Pittsburgh?
        2 months from now once Super 2 deadline passes

Comment

Kind of surprised that there wasn't a thread about this, but here's a fine place as well. Seems like the Pirates offered a 7 year deal to Gregory Polanco prior to the season starting. The deal was a whopping 25 million, with 3 club options. Not surprisingly, Polanco said no and now pays his penance in the minors until June...here's the ultimate insult, IMO. Pittsburgh called up Brent Morel, who's hitting .215 in AAA with a whopping ONE homer.

Obviously, if Polanco had accepted the deal he would have started in right from day one, and maybe the Pirates would have won another game or two along the way...sad to see that kind of cheapness still exists. At least Houston only waited until they had control of the player for another year, and didn't worry about starting Springer's arbitration clock.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Two steps back for the Pirates organization, who clearly care more about controlling Polancos salary for an extra year than their place in the standings this year.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Two steps back for the Pirates organization, who clearly care more about controlling Polancos salary for an extra year than their place in the standings this year.
              So what should the Pirates do? What if the bring up Polanco and he stinks up the joint not helping in any way. They won't benefit from him helping the team and also lose control of his salary a year earlier. Given that, I guess it should always be about winning now, but it's not that cut and dried.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                So what should the Pirates do? What if the bring up Polanco and he stinks up the joint not helping in any way. They won't benefit from him helping the team and also lose control of his salary a year earlier. Given that, I guess it should always be about winning now, but it's not that cut and dried.
                I think that you don't insult your fanbase by lying to them about Polanco not being ready, when your contract offer to him clearly shows that you thought he was. Do you really think that if Polanco had been dumb enough to accept that offer, he wouldn't have been on the opening day roster?

So tell the truth to your fans by saying that controlling the player for an extra year is an important thing for a franchise like the Pirates...you may be surprised at the local response. Now, everyone knows that your lying, including the player, and the organization just looks cheap and stupid.

Or, crazy thought, do what's best for the ball club this year and bring him up after he's passed the date for control for another year, but not control over an extra year before arbitration, like Houston did. Then if he stinks, you can send him down like the Angels did with Trout, knowing that you did everything in your power to win THIS year.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I think that you don't insult your fanbase by lying to them about Polanco not being ready, when your contract offer to him clearly shows that you thought he was. Do you really think that if Polanco had been dumb enough to accept that offer, he wouldn't have been on the opening day roster?

So tell the truth to your fans by saying that controlling the player for an extra year is an important thing for a franchise like the Pirates...you may be surprised at the local response. Now, everyone knows that your lying, including the player, and the organization just looks cheap and stupid.

Or, crazy thought, do what's best for the ball club this year and bring him up after he's passed the date for control for another year, but not control over an extra year before arbitration, like Houston did. Then if he stinks, you can send him down like the Angels did with Trout, knowing that you did everything in your power to win THIS year.
                  Nutting is a complete jackass. One of the worst owners in sports.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Marte banged up tonight, this could get interesting...
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Marte banged up tonight, this could get interesting...
                      So what do the Pirates do? They insult their fans even further by promoting Jaff Dacker from AAA ball to fill in for the injured guys. Of course, Dacker IS hitting an astounding .238 with ONE homer...beats the hell out of Polanco's .374 average with his crappy 1.014 OPS. Unbelievable.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        So what do the Pirates do? They insult their fans even further by promoting Jaff Dacker from AAA ball to fill in for the injured guys. Of course, Dacker IS hitting an astounding .238 with ONE homer...beats the hell out of Polanco's .374 average with his crappy 1.014 OPS. Unbelievable.
                        Pirates fans have been insulted for 20+ years now. Unfortunately, we've developed an immunity to it. :shrug:
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Pirates fans have been insulted for 20+ years now. Unfortunately, we've developed an immunity to it. :shrug:
                          I havent. Fuck them. I have gone to two games in the last 10 years. Pirate fans are suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I havent. Fuck them. I have gone to two games in the last 10 years. Pirate fans are suckers.
                            Try telling that to someone who attended the NL Wildcard playoff game at PNC Park last October.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Try telling that to someone who attended the NL Wildcard playoff game at PNC Park last October.
                              Yeah..one game in 20 years. Keep telling yourself the fans aren't chumps.

Comment

I've been to three Pirates playoff games in my life. Since I'm not even a Pirates fan, I find it funny I've been to more than nearly every Pirate fan under the age of 30.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X