No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully, the skyrocketing MLB salaries will finally convince Pirates owner Bob Nutting that he is in way over his head and cause him to sell the team. During his 15 year ownership of the Pirates team, it's value has increased by over a billion dollars. "Botton-line Bob" should just take his billion dollar profit and leave town already.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• According to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Bryan Reynolds has requested a trade from the Pirates.

Can't say that I blame him.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Pirates sign 42 year-old Rich Hill for 1 year/$8 million. This after signing 37 year-old Carlos Santana for 1 year/$6.7 million. I wonder if the Pirates tell these guys up front that if they play well they will be traded to a contender in July. I may have to start rooting for the Phillies.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Welcome back Cutch!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I don't know how they managed to pull it off, but the Pirates have signed 18 year-old Japanese pitcher Jun Seok Shim, who is the #10 international prospect according to MLB Pipeline. If he was looking for the organization that had the biggest need for pitching, he came to the right place.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Uh-oh. Pirates pitcher JT Brubaker is dealing with right elbow/forearm discomfort.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rob Biertempfel of The Athletic reports that an opt-out clause is the sticking point in extension negotiations between the Pirates and outfielder Bryan Reynolds.

The two sides have reportedly agreed on a multi-year deal valued at $106 million over eight years. Reynolds' side believes they are giving up some earning power by signing now in a backloaded deal, hence the desire for an opt-out. The Pirates are apparently against it, so there's a standstill in talks. The good news is that neither side has broken off talks and it's still possible something gets done.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Oneil Cruz broke his ankle on a play at the plate. Buhbye.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Oneil Cruz broke his ankle on a play at the plate. Buhbye.
                      And benches cleared when Carlos Santana immediately went after White Sox catcher Seby Zavala while Cruz was lying on the ground. Supposedly Santana was mad about Zavala calling Cruz a bitch while Cruz was lying on the ground. Zavala was probably mad that Cruz ran into his knee. It was a really awkward and very late slide by the 6'7" Cruz who was out easily at the plate. Hopefully, Cruz is back by the second half.
                      Last edited by madducks; 04-09-2023, 07:53 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's a really good breakdown of the play.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• He had surgery on the ankle yesterday and the Bucs just said he'll be sidelined four months.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Uh-oh. Pirates pitcher JT Brubaker is dealing with right elbow/forearm discomfort.
                            JT Brubaker underwent TJ surgery on Wednesday. The Pirates project Brubaker to return in 14-16 months.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dont look now, but the Bucs are 14-7 w a chance to be only a half-game out of the division lead later tonite. Have they suddenly gotten good while noone was looking? Bednar has been fantastic. Got his 7th save tonite to tie for the MLB lead and has a 0.90 ERA and a 0.80 WHIP w 12 Ks in 10 IP. He's edging towards elite closer territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                                Dont look now, but the Bucs are 14-7 w a chance to be only a half-game out of the division lead later tonite. Have they suddenly gotten good while noone was looking? Bednar has been fantastic. Got his 7th save tonite to tie for the MLB lead and has a 0.90 ERA and a 0.80 WHIP w 12 Ks in 10 IP. He's edging towards elite closer territory.
                                Fool's gold? Nice start for sure, especially without Cruz, but let's check in again in another month.

Comment

Working...
                                X