2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Andrew McCutchen:
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Other rookies (Alvarez, Aquino, Villanueva, & Story) with 3 home runs in one game:
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        How badly did the Yanks heist the Pirates last year for Clay Holmes? He just broke the Yanks' all-time record for consecutive scoreless innings (30 1/3) and appearances (30), formerly held by Mariano Rivera, and has a 0.90 ERA in 60 NYY appearances.

Good job, buccos!
        Holmes would never have been this good if he had stayed with the Pirates. Somehow, the Pirate always find a way to stunt the development of their pitchers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How badly did the Yanks heist the Pirates last year for Clay Holmes? He just broke the Yanks' all-time record for consecutive scoreless innings (30 1/3) and appearances (30), formerly held by Mariano Rivera, and has a 0.90 ERA in 60 NYY appearances.

Good job, buccos!
          Nice jink. Holmes cost me a win (Cole) and a save today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Holmes ends up lucking into the win.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

This is starting to become a regular occurrence and I'm not liking it at all.

Holmes and Cole must hate each other.

BTW, why am I discussing Yankees pitchers in the Pirates thread?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW, why am I discussing Yankees pitchers in the Pirates thread?
                Because good Pirates pitchers eventually graduate to become good Yankees pitchers?

Comment

• Jack Suwinski demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Because good Pirates pitchers eventually graduate to become good Yankees pitchers?
                    Sad but true.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Jack Suwinski demoted to AAA
                      Have to delay those arbitration years.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I was hoping for Elijah Green, who was still on the board, but Termarr Johnson is a good one too.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I was hoping for Elijah Green, who was still on the board, but Termarr Johnson is a good one too.
                          Termarr is almost the anti-Elijah Green. Great contact skills, much lower risk, not quite the high end upside though.

Comment

• Rodolfo Castro doesn't like to miss any calls while he is running the bases.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The umpire pointing to the ground.

Comment

• Rudolfo Castro got a one-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for that phone incident. He is appealing the suspension.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X