2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .331 BA, .275 xBA

the latter is fine, actually. but anyone who pays for a .300 hitter next year likely will be disappointed
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So yeah, Felipe Vazquez is innocent until proven guilty, but all signs point to him being a piece of shit.
      Felipe Vazquez was arrested this morning in Pennsylvania on some truly disturbing charges including solicitation of a 13-year-old girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        So yeah, Felipe Vazquez is innocent until proven guilty, but all signs point to him being a piece of shit.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/17/felip...burgh-pirates/
        For real. Super gross. Glad he got caught.

Comment

• I was already disgusted with this team. And now this is just the worst of the worst. I'm speechless.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow, that Vazquez story is hideous.

I'm normally all for 2nd chances, but this went on for 2 years. Lock him up and throw away the key. He already signed his $22M deal, ban him from the league and insurance will pay him, I would think. Or Pirates should just eat the loss.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
              He already signed his $22M deal, ban him from the league and insurance will pay him, I would think.
              I would hope that this would default his contract.

Comment

• Who's the front-runner to close in 2020?

Comment

• "According to the report, the alleged victim contacted Vazquez on social media and that's how the two began talking."

"The mother texted Vazquez to inform him that her daughter is a minor -- and that's when the case made its way over to law enforcement."

Did he know she was a minor? Everyone here seems to be assuming yes but if he asked her age what do you think she said? Dudes have to be smarter in 2019 but the headline may not tell the whole story.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Did he know she was a minor? Everyone here seems to be assuming yes but if he asked her age what do you think she said? Dudes have to be smarter in 2019 but the headline may not tell the whole story.
                    Wait, why is any of that relevant? She was between 13 and 15, and they met in person. The burden is squarely on the adult in that situation, it's never the kid's responsibility!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Wait, why is any of that relevant? She was between 13 and 15, and they met in person. The burden is squarely on the adult in that situation, it's never the kid's responsibility!
                      I'm sure either he asked or she told him. What does he need to do to be 100% confident?

Comment

I'm sure either he asked or she told him. What does he need to do to be 100% confident?
                        First, I’m not sure he asked. He allegedly took advantage of a 13 year old if true I make no assumptions about his morality

But separately it seems like you are giving all child predators an out using the defense that the kid lied about their age. That is NEVER excusable.

If you are saying innocent until proven guilty then I can get behind that but it makes zero difference if the kid lied about their age. Especially at 13 (and yes the specific age matters there are even harsher laws involving youth)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Dude, she might have looked like she was 28!
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Yeah, I know that different people look older or younger then they are. Hell, my sister was over 6 feet tall by age 13 and had been mistaken for my girlfriend when she was 13 even though I am 13 years older than her., so about the age gap between Vazquez and his victim. But even her, who looked really old for her age, and every other 13 year old I ever met, no matter how "adult" they look or try to look, you can tell they are not 18, and certainly you can tell, if you are a 28 year old man, this is not someone you should be engaging sexually.

And that is before talking to them. Five words out of my sister's mouth and everyone knew she was still a kid, despite her height and look. Of course, that did not stop some creeps from hitting on her, or her from hooking up with much older guys. Something I learned later my mother was okay with. She ended up pregnant the first time at 14, buy a guy over 18. The guy 100% knew she was just kid. He didn't care, because he was a dirt bag who now has close to a dozen kids with half a dozen girls. He went to jail for assaulting my sister (but got away with the sexual assault, because no one pressed charges), and is now in jail again, because he is a drug dealing scumbag that lives with his grandma when not in jail. Vazquez, on the other hand, is rich, and had much more to lose, and still pursued this. Maybe she looks mature for her age (or maybe not and her looking like a kid is what attracted Vazquez). But even if she looked 18, I also know more than 5 minutes of interaction, and you can tell a 13 year old from an adult woman. At the very least, there are always some flags. But many ignore them, even these days. Every one one of my sister's boyfriends and hook ups from 13 on were older than her. As she tells it now as a 29 year old, there were always plenty of guys who had no problem pursuing her when she was under 18, and very few bothered to ask her age.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 09-17-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• I figured I would get flamed for this. The fact that TMZ broke this story made me take it with a grain of salt. I suspect he is guilty, however, he may have been duped. Yes he should have known better. But here we are.

Comment

I figured I would get flamed for this. The fact that TMZ broke this story made me take it with a grain of salt. I suspect he is guilty, however, he may have been duped. Yes he should have known better. But here we are.
                                I hope I didn't come off as flaming you V. I was actually trying to share my sister's background as evidence to support that, sure some young girls look older. But from my experience, interacting with such girls reveals they are not mature adult women, even if they may be able to pass physically for 18. But you interact a lot more with that age group than I do, so I defer to your take. I interact with 18-22 year olds and most of them seem so young to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X