No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregory Polanco was benched for the 5th time in the last 7 games. Is something still wrong with him, or has hotter bats (Bryan Reynolds is up to .363!) just nudged him out of the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Gregory Polanco was benched for the 5th time in the last 7 games. Is something still wrong with him, or has hotter bats (Bryan Reynolds is up to .363!) just nudged him out of the way?
      Hurdle has been rotating Polanco, Dickerson, and Melky as the #3 OF. So, Polanco is in a timeshare right now. I expect 1 or 2 from the group to be dealt for pitching next month. Last man standing wins the job. But, Polanco has looked the worst out of that rotation. He probably won't improve much until he sees everyday at bats. Either with the Pirates or with another team.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think for Polanco it is mainly an opportunity for him to get extra healing time while there are other viable options.

Comment

• And the Pirates put Gregory Polanco on the 10-day IL with left shoulder inflammation. It's the same shoulder that he had surgery on last September.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bryan Reynolds is hitting .365......and may not be in the Top 5 for NL Rookie of the Year voting.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Bryan Reynolds is hitting .365......and may not be in the Top 5 for NL Rookie of the Year voting.
              And check out his hard hit %. He has been a nice surprise.

Comment

• The Pirates DFA Jung Ho Kang.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Fuck the Pirates. Shittiest organization outside of Miami. Hurdle is 5th highest paid manager in MLB. BWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Let's pay big money to the manager who sucks instead of paying players who are good. Fuck the Pirates.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• This entire organization sucks and it starts with Nutting. At the beginning of the season management continuously told us that this team was going to be 'competitive'. As far as I'm concerned, being competitive is very subjective. To me, being competitive means trying to actually win the pennant and World Series. To the Pirate organization, being competitive is not that. Yesterday, Huntington was on the radio saying that he felt that coming into the year, the team had a chance to be a .500 team but too many bad things happened to keep that from happening. A .500 team? That was their ultimate goal? Nutting needs to face the ticket holders and media to address the problems with this team. Huntington says that this team has a chance to win next year and that Vazquez will be closing for this team when it plays in its next World Series. Really? I want what this management team is smoking or drinking. They need to get rid of everyone, get new management, and let them get this team together the right way.

Comment

• The Pirates have released catcher Francisco Cervelli.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jordan Lyles is in the midst of another terrific start for Milwaukee (0 runs thru 5 vs Cardinals)

Coming into today:
                        Lyles, with Milwaukee this year: 27 ip, 2.67 era
                        Glasnow, with Tampa: 104 IP, 3.12 ERA (48/1.86 this year)
                        Gerrit Cole, with Houston: 364 ip, 2.82 era (163/2.75 this year)

Meanwhile,
                        Archer, Musgrove, Tr Williams, Brault are all worse this year (by era, fip)

Some of those are small sample size, but so is the revered 64 innings Ivan Nova pitched in 2016.
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I'm pretty happy with my $1 Colin Moran. He's been nearly identical in value to Daniel Murphy, and as an owner of Murphy in 3 leagues (~$30 each), it provides a good comparison. Obviously Murphy has underperformed, but Moran is still on the upward trajectory. Moran is 3B, with 11 games at 2B, so it's possible he gets 2B/3B and CI/MI. He's slightly better for BA than OBP, but decent in either.

Murphy - .281/.331 - 11 HR - 69 RBI - 48 R - 1 SB
                          Moran - .289/.333 - 13 HR - 75 RBI - 43 R - 0 SB

I'm interested to see how Moran finishes up. Even with the slightly disappointing HR totals and no speed, the BA gives him a high floor, and the R/RBI are solid. I'll happily keep him for a buck and see if he can find another gear in his age 27 season.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            I'm pretty happy with my $1 Colin Moran. He's been nearly identical in value to Daniel Murphy, and as an owner of Murphy in 3 leagues (~$30 each), it provides a good comparison. Obviously Murphy has underperformed, but Moran is still on the upward trajectory. Moran is 3B, with 11 games at 2B, so it's possible he gets 2B/3B and CI/MI. He's slightly better for BA than OBP, but decent in either.

Murphy - .281/.331 - 11 HR - 69 RBI - 48 R - 1 SB
                            Moran - .289/.333 - 13 HR - 75 RBI - 43 R - 0 SB

I'm interested to see how Moran finishes up. Even with the slightly disappointing HR totals and no speed, the BA gives him a high floor, and the R/RBI are solid. I'll happily keep him for a buck and see if he can find another gear in his age 27 season.
                            Depends on how many keepers you are permitted. We only get 7 in our deep NL league. So as a result, you need production not just cheap / savings.

Comment

• The Pirates Bryan Reynolds BABIP this season was .413 before Tuesday's game.

In the modern era, the only players with a higher BABIP in a full season were Babe Ruth (.423, 1923), George Sisler (.422, 1922), Rogers Hornsby (.422, 1924), Ty Cobb (.416 in 1922 and .415 in 1923) and Harry Heilmann (.414, 1923).

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                The Pirates Bryan Reynolds BABIP this season was .413 before Tuesday's game.

In the modern era, the only players with a higher BABIP in a full season were Babe Ruth (.423, 1923), George Sisler (.422, 1922), Rogers Hornsby (.422, 1924), Ty Cobb (.416 in 1922 and .415 in 1923) and Harry Heilmann (.414, 1923).
                                Not bad company! Who says BABIP is fluky?

Comment

Working...
                                X