No announcement yet.

2K24: Pittsburgh Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pirates called up 2014 #1 draft pick Cole Tucker to fill the huge hole at their SS position. Tucker is an upgrade over the injured Erik Gonzalez in every way and is most likely here to stay.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The Pirates called up 2014 #1 draft pick Cole Tucker to fill the huge hole at their SS position. Tucker is an upgrade over the injured Erik Gonzalez in every way and is most likely here to stay.
      They were just talking about him Friday morning on the Rotowire show. I’m putting in a bid, but his 2 run HR tonight likely raised his price.

Comment

• Uh-oh. Pirates placed RHP Jameson Taillon on the 10-day injured list with a right elbow flexor strain.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Uh-oh. Pirates placed RHP Jameson Taillon on the 10-day injured list with a right elbow flexor strain.
          per Adam Berry on twitter:

"Jameson Taillon will be shut down from throwing for four weeks, director of sports medicine Todd Tomczyk said. He’ll get a second opinion from Dr. David Altchek, who performed his Tommy John surgery, but the initial exam revealed no concerns with his UCL."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Getting shut down sfor four weeks sounds major to me.

Comment

• smoke 'em if you got him
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• So who steps into the rotation to fill the void? Kingham? Brault? Keller?

Comment

• What do people think about Bryan Reynolds? Seems to be off to a good start. Contact only?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    What do people think about Bryan Reynolds? Seems to be off to a good start. Contact only?
                    I have him and am starting him, but yeah, that's what he seems to be.

Comment

What do people think about Bryan Reynolds? Seems to be off to a good start. Contact only?
                      He has hit over .300 at every stop so far. I found this blur in Rotowire:

The Giants have selected Reynolds with the 59th overall pick in the 2016 first-year player draft.
                      ANALYSIS
                      A switch-hitting college outfielder, Reynolds is a patient hitter who will walk a lot and could eventually slot into the leadoff spot. He tallied almost as many walks as strikeouts this season at Vanderbilt. The 21-year-old has above-average speed, flashing the ability to steal double-digit bags. Reynolds also showed a surprising uptick in power this season, smacking 13 home runs in 59 games for the Commodores. Power will not be his greatest asset, though, as his hit tool will still be the draw. Reynolds never hit below .315 in his three years at Vandy, and he hit .346 in the Cape Cod League last summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        So who steps into the rotation to fill the void? Kingham? Brault? Keller?
                        Pirates current rotation:

Trevor Williams
                        Joe Musgrove
                        Jordan Lyles
                        Nick Kingham
                        Steven Brault

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He has hit .300 or better at every level. Below average power. Below average speed. So, yeah contact only. Although, he does seem to strike out a lot for a contact hitter.

If the Pirates ever get Dickerson, Polanco, and Marte to all stay healthy at the same time, then Reynolds becomes the 4th OF. But that's a big if. I think he gets 350-400 at bats this year. Dickerson is a free agent at the end of the year. So, expect the cheap Pirates to let Dickerson walk and make Reynolds a starter in 2020.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mitch Keller last night in AAA: 5 ip, 1 h, 0 r, 3 bb, 13 k! With the Pirates desperate for pitching right now, i expect him to be back up very soon. Perhaps as soon as next week.

I'm not too concerned about Keller giving up 6 er in his MLB debut on May 27. All of the runs came in the first inning and he settled down to retire 10 of the last 11 batters he faced while striking out 7 in 4 ip. So, it seems like the kid just had a bad case of the jitters in that first inning.
                            Last edited by madducks; 06-08-2019, 08:57 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Outfielder Corey Dickerson is back from the IL today. Look for Brian Reynolds and Melky Cabrera to lose at bats until the Pirates can trade free-agent-to-be Dickerson for some pitching.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Third Baseman Jung Ho Kang is also back from the IL. Look for him to back up Colin Moran and pinch hit.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X