2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Their offense has been putrid. The entire OF Meadows, Grossman. W Castro, Hill, Baddoo, Cameron and a couple of others has produced something like 3 or 4 HR total. Their infield of Tork, Baez, Schoop and Candy has Tork with highest OPS of .607 and the rest under. Hittin Castro has the highest OPS on the team at .760 and a 39 yr old hitter has been the best hitter. I would say they are worst hitting team in both leagues. If it wasn't for Skubal, Faedo and the bullpen being one of the best this team would be rivaling the 03 Tigers.

That’s pretty crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      That’s pretty crazy
      Being a Tiger fan isn't easy to enjoy.

Comment

Being a Tiger fan isn't easy to enjoy.
        This Pirates fan feels your pain.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          This Pirates fan feels your pain.
          And I feel yours. LOL!

Comment

• Tigers bringing up Greene. Meadows placed on Covid lists.

Comment

Tigers bringing up Greene. Meadows placed on Covid lists.
              Meadows does not have a single HR this season, ouch.

Comment

• Neither did Grossman before the start of the game. Before that the Tigers entire OF had 4 total HR. 2 by Willi, 1 by Cameron and 1 by Baddoo.

Comment

• How much impact do folks think Greene will have this season?
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    How much impact do folks think Greene will have this season?
                    I had predicted Tork would struggle as he only has year of pro ball under his belt. Last year his BA was great in A ball and got worse with each stop. So it was not hard to see that ML pitchers would have the advantage over Tork. Now I think Greene will be different. Greene has done well at each level with the only mark is the strikeouts. I watched him in his first game. His 1st AB they Rangers have the shift on he went the other way for a single. 2nd AB was behind in the count and worked it for a BB. In 2 games he has walked 4 time and K only once in 9 PA. It is a small sample but still 21 yrs old playing for the 1st time. I still expect him to struggle but I think this is realistic: .270 BA 10 HR 40-45 R 35-40 RBI 10 SB.

Comment

Elvin Rodriguez ERA is now 11.07.Yikes.
                      He was tipping his pitches. Here's a great breakdown by Jomboy:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• He improved after that game. Only gave up 8 ER in 4 IP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Nice work.

What did you see in Skubal that showed you this was coming?
                          Just getting back to the site. Of course Skoobs has completely blown up the last three, like clockwork after I opened my mouth. LOL.

Honestly, it was more subjective measures like "make up" from watching a lot of games than it was statistical breakdown. He struck me as a good gamble, the things he was doing wrong were fixable, and the things he was doing right were pretty solid. Probably a little bit of homerism mixed in. In short, I played a hunch.

Here's hoping he gets through this 3 game skid and it winds up being a hiccup. He really does seem like a good kid.
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Austin Meadows back to the IL again with calf strains. What a disaster.

Comment

Austin Meadows back to the IL again with calf strains. What a disaster.
                              Tell me about it. There is no indication on how long he will be out. Paredes I really wish the Tigers hadn't traded him not because of his new found power but he had displayed a good eye throughout his minor league career. I kinda wish the Tigers had offer a different player. I did think the Tigers did well at the time by getting him. Man, their offense is a mess. Possible history setting mess.

Comment

Austin Meadows back to the IL again with calf strains. What a disaster.
                                I wonder how many HR he will hit while on the DL this time around

Comment

Working...
                                X