No announcement yet.

2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top pitching prospect Alex Faedo to undergo TJ surgery and miss the upcoming season.

Comment

• RF Victor Reyes
      LF Robbie Grossman
      DH Old Man Miggy
      1B Jeimer Candelario
      2B Niko Goodrum
      CF Jacoby Jones
      SS Willi Castro
      C Grayson Greiner
      3B Isaac Paredes

That is... not a good lineup. They did just spend a little money on Robbie Grossman. I wonder if they spend a little more on 3B/SS/C if the market continues to ignore the 2nd and 3rd tier guys. And you wonder how long they wait on Torkelson.

Rotation:
      Mattthew Boyd
      Spencer Turnbull
      Michael Fulmer
      Jose Urena
      Tarik Skubal

And the long-running Matt Manning/Casey Mize watch. I have to think they both spend a lot of time in the rotation. They also NRI'd Erasmo Ramirez and Derek Holland.

"Bullpen"

Bryan Garcia was the closer last year... Gregory Soto, Joe Jimenez, maybe Daniel Norris?

Comment

• for the leagues where it matters, Matt Manning and Christin Stewart were sent to the minors.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          RF Victor Reyes
          LF Robbie Grossman
          DH Old Man Miggy
          1B Jeimer Candelario
          2B Niko Goodrum
          CF Jacoby Jones
          SS Willi Castro
          C Grayson Greiner
          3B Isaac Paredes

That is... not a good lineup. They did just spend a little money on Robbie Grossman. I wonder if they spend a little more on 3B/SS/C if the market continues to ignore the 2nd and 3rd tier guys. And you wonder how long they wait on Torkelson.

Rotation:
          Mattthew Boyd
          Spencer Turnbull
          Michael Fulmer
          Jose Urena
          Tarik Skubal

And the long-running Matt Manning/Casey Mize watch. I have to think they both spend a lot of time in the rotation. They also NRI'd Erasmo Ramirez and Derek Holland.

"Bullpen"

Bryan Garcia was the closer last year... Gregory Soto, Joe Jimenez, maybe Daniel Norris?
          And yet I can't help wonder how many of these will be rostered this year? How many will be kept going into the draft or auctions.

I for one am keeping Boyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            And yet I can't help wonder how many of these will be rostered this year? How many will be kept going into the draft or auctions.

I for one am keeping Boyd.
            Given the deadened ball, and that fact that Boyd's main problem is homers, I like him to bounce back a bit this year. I also like Turnbull better than his projections as well.

Comment

• I've spent the last two offseasons debating keeping Boyd in an AL only 4x4 (no Ks) for $1.
              And I'm from Detroit.
              And I'm still not sure.
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                I've spent the last two offseasons debating keeping Boyd in an AL only 4x4 (no Ks) for $1.
                And I'm from Detroit.
                And I'm still not sure.
                The no Ks makes a big difference. In a pts league or 5x5, I like him more than most. The Ks will be there. I am confident he will be better than he showed last year. But without the Ks, even his best case self isn't very good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  The no Ks makes a big difference. In a pts league or 5x5, I like him more than most. The Ks will be there. I am confident he will be better than he showed last year. But without the Ks, even his best case self isn't very good.
                  Yep, it is the K's and the price that make me also like him more than most.

He seems to end up on my team and then I trade him before the deadline. Then I get him back in the off season.

I got him in a package with Kopech a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Given the deadened ball, and that fact that Boyd's main problem is homers, I like him to bounce back a bit this year. I also like Turnbull better than his projections as well.
                    I've got a lot of Turnbull shares. His win totals may be awful because Tigers, but his ratios and Ks could be pretty solid.

I do agree that Boyd may be the most-improved guy with a slightly deader ball.

Comment

• Anybody dreaming on Akil Baddoo? First 2 games, 2 HR, 1 SB.

I liked him as a prospect years ago, but I dropped him and watched as he dealt with injuries in the years since. Now that he's finally healthy, the power/speed combo is in play. I managed to get him for $4 at the end of my AL Only auction. A nice keeper price if he can claim a starters role going into next year. Detroit has some decent OF that I like, but they'll make room for Baddoo if he forces the issue.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I can see him forcing his way into regular ABs. I'm not as impressed with the Detroit OFs as you are; think if there's anywhere he'd have a great opportunity to work his way into PT, it's there.

Comment

• Who is "Harold Castro" and why does he keep getting hits in bunches and qualify at every position besides catcher?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Who is "Harold Castro" and why does he keep getting hits in bunches and qualify at every position besides catcher?
                            Like you, I'm baffled. There's little power (look at his ISOs), he K's once/4ish (now about 4.3) ABs and has done so for a long time. He's got good speed, but not what I'd call awesome. His minor league numbers indicate a guy who's capable of an above average BABIP, but his .420-.450 clip since 2019 is.....well, baffling.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Like you, I'm baffled. There's little power (look at his ISOs), he K's once/4ish (now about 4.3) ABs and has done so for a long time. He's got good speed, but not what I'd call awesome. His minor league numbers indicate a guy who's capable of an above average BABIP, but his .420-.450 clip since 2019 is.....well, baffling.
                              He has 21 hits this season. 20 of them are singles. .383 lifetime BABIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                He is merely my place holder until Eloy or Robert comes back. He was the lesser of evils on the Free Agent wire. Cost me 12 bucks in Faab because I couldn't take the chance of having to take someone worse. It does not help that we are an OBP league.

Any stats he gives will have to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X