No announcement yet.

2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell did Shane Greene's ERA go from 5.12 last year to 0.93 this year? His ratios are what scared everyone away from him at my auction. Magseven got him for the bargain price of $4.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      How the hell did Shane Greene's ERA go from 5.12 last year to 0.93 this year? His ratios are what scared everyone away from him at my auction. Magseven got him for the bargain price of $4.
      Well....we in Detroit expect him to be moved soon along with Castellanos and Boyd. Tigers are pretty much unwatchable now but after they make these moves we should be able to challenge the Os for the worst record in MLB.

Comment

• Jimenez becomes the closer?
        Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Well....we in Detroit expect him to be moved soon along with Castellanos and Boyd. Tigers are pretty much unwatchable now but after they make these moves we should be able to challenge the Os for the worst record in MLB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Jimenez becomes the closer?
          I would expect him to get a crack at it but whether he can hold it remains to be seen. Alcantara could also get tried there.

Comment

• great line from Closer Monkey re: Trevor Rosenthal getting called up despite a 2.05 WHIP at AAA Toledo (17H, 13BB in 14.2 IP) ...

Originally posted by CloserMonkey
            He selected #19 for his jersey number, which perhaps was in honor of his ERA
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Tigers LHP prospect Joey Wentz underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery on Tuesday. He was acquired from the Braves in the Shane Greene deal.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tigers 1B C.J. Cron will undergo season-ending knee surgery.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cleveland has beat the tigers in 20 straight games going the the Major league record next weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Tigers 1B C.J. Cron will undergo season-ending knee surgery.
                    Will Willi Castro get PT going forward with Jeimer moving to 1B?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Mize, Skubal, and Isaac Paredes called up. Skubal starting Tues, Mize starting Wed, both to stay in rotation if they do well.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        Will Willi Castro get PT going forward with Jeimer moving to 1B?
                        Answer looks like affirmative. Though Paredes may cut into his time some.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I wonder if Goodrum is actually hurt worse than day to day as well

Comment

• Tigers call up OF Daz Cameron.

He's the son of former MLB OF Mike Cameron.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire announced his retirement from baseball last Saturday after 16 seasons between the Twins and Tigers.

Gardenhire had planned on retiring at the end of the season, but said Saturday that he hasn't been feeling well as of late and that the stress and the stomach issues that he has dealt with this season really wore him down. The 62-year-old finishes his managerial career with 1200 career victories, which ranks 46th in major league history. He finishes with a 132-241 record in his three seasons as the manager of the Tigers. Bench coach Lloyd McClendon will serve as the acting manager for the remainder of the 2020 season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Tigers have hired A.J. Hinch as their new manager.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X