2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Probably, but repeat he's cheap at least 5 more times. I don't think that he'd fetch a lot more because he's cheap, the contenders all have pretty full wallets.

But what the hell, if he's gone the Tigers can always turn to Rondon again...that's worked out SO well in the past for them.
    He's arbitration eligible, so he probably won't be cheap for next season.

And I disagree. Look at how much Andrew Miller fetched because he was underpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      He's arbitration eligible, so he probably won't be cheap for next season.

And I disagree. Look at how much Andrew Miller fetched because he was underpriced.
      I think that equating those two is like comparing Apples with Pumpkins...but I do see your point.

It'll be interesting to see what a guy making less than 3 million a year can get in arbitration off of one good season...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I think that equating those two is like comparing Apples with Pumpkins...but I do see your point.

It'll be interesting to see what a guy making less than 3 million a year can get in arbitration off of one good season...
        Yes, and I see your point as well. He's pretty far from Miller, but Miller was also making 4x as much and was considered a bargain.

If recent history is any judge, arb eligible closers were getting between $5m - $8m. Allen got $7.5m, Ramos $5.5m.

Comment

Why would they trade Justin Wilson? He's very cheap, and he's not eligible for free agency until 2019...
          Right about the free agency but problem with tearing the team down which I believe is going to happen Avila has a tough sell in getting prospects back. Wilson is a player which they could get something for and going in this direction they might not be relevant for several seasons. He is 29 so if the Tigers take 3-5 years to bounce back he might not have the same value down the road. The Nats could be a good fit this season considering all the bullpen problems they have had. I could be wrong about Avila moving Wilson and he still hasn't come out and stated we are selling.

Comment

This may be the most exciting thing to happen to Detroit this season (and funny that this is the first post in this thread for 2018):

"Play-by-play man Mario Impemba and analyst Rod Allen of Fox Sports Detroit were absent from the Tigers broadcast booth Wednesday night after getting into a physical altercation following Tuesday’s game, according to The Athletic.

The reason for the attack remained unclear, but there reportedly had been tension building between the two men, who have been calling Tigers games since 2002.

“They’re like an odd couple,” a person familiar with the dynamics of the broadcast’s production told The Athletic."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              This may be the most exciting thing to happen to Detroit this season (and funny that this is the first post in this thread for 2018):

"Play-by-play man Mario Impemba and analyst Rod Allen of Fox Sports Detroit were absent from the Tigers broadcast booth Wednesday night after getting into a physical altercation following Tuesday’s game, according to The Athletic.

The reason for the attack remained unclear, but there reportedly had been tension building between the two men, who have been calling Tigers games since 2002.

“They’re like an odd couple,” a person familiar with the dynamics of the broadcast’s production told The Athletic."
              Having met Rod Allen and walking away thinking that he is a total asshole, I am amazed it took this long for something to happen. He acts as if he was this great long time MLB player but the guy had 50 career abs. Yes he has a World Series ring because he had 27 abs for the Tigers in '84 (if you were on the roster at any point you got a ring), but the man talks and acts like he was an MVP. Here in Detroit he is most noted for chasing the Japanese pitcher around the park after being hit by a pitch. You tube has a clip of it complete with the Benny Hill theme.

I would be very happy if they got a whole new announcing crew next year.
              Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
              Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                Having met Rod Allen and walking away thinking that he is a total asshole, I am amazed it took this long for something to happen. He acts as if he was this great long time MLB player but the guy had 50 career abs. Yes he has a World Series ring because he had 27 abs for the Tigers in '84 (if you were on the roster at any point you got a ring), but the man talks and acts like he was an MVP. Here in Detroit he is most noted for chasing the Japanese pitcher around the park after being hit by a pitch. You tube has a clip of it complete with the Benny Hill theme.

Apparently they disagreed over a chair, and when Impemba left the booth, Allen followed and choked him out. Oof.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEfgeYelL7g

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Your wish has come true — both have been canned.

Comment

• If Ernie was broadcasting he would have said ""They are looooong gone." Wasn't a big fan of either. Think FSD will probably have Matt Sheppard and Gibby doing the announcement provided of course Gibby feels up to doing this. Another option might be Dan Dickerson but he is a good radio announcer so probably not.

Comment

• TJ surgery recommended for Michael Fulmer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          TJ surgery recommended for Michael Fulmer.
                          Weird. He is coming off of knee surgery and now this. His velocity has been in the 88-92 range. Tough loss for my Tigers not that they were going anywhere.

Comment

• Guess who's leading the majors in strikeouts with 29? It's Matthew Boyd, he of the stunning 15.1 K/9 rate!

Comment

• That’s so weird. Owned him in past and he was waiver fodder.

Comment

• Boyd big bugaboo is he gives up alot of HR. This season zero so far but he has looked good so far on the mound. Keep in mind he got off to a good start last year too.

Comment

Working...
                                X