2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    So, um, Alex Avila is hitting .167 with a .400 BABIP in 36 ABs. How? He has struck out 21 times.
    Everyone keeps expecting this guy to break out, but it hasn't happened. The last couple of years, at least, expectations have outpaced production by a wide margin.

Comment

Alex Avila sucks as a hitter. I just dropped him for Ryan Hanigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Alex Avila sucks as a hitter. I just dropped him for Ryan Hanigan.
        Isn't it interesting that the concussions and assorted injuries totally wrecked Avila's bat, but not his defensive abilities? Injuries can be strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Everyone keeps expecting this guy to break out, but it hasn't happened. The last couple of years, at least, expectations have outpaced production by a wide margin.
          Everyone outside of Detroit maybe. But if you watch just a few games a week you find out pretty quickly that he might as well be standing in the box with a toothpick. He strikeouts way too often but whats worse he looks absolutely horrible most of the time. He flails away at pitches and he looks like he's guessing. When he first came up he was patient and worked the count so even when he made an out it was a decent AB. Now I do not think you even need to throw him a strike. He will swing at just about anything. Once every 20-30 AB's or so he will looks patient and works a walk and you want to have hope but it's fools gold.

As for his defense even that has slipped. He had a hard time blocking the ball last year. He has progressively gotten worse at at throwing out runners (yes I know he has to get help from the pitcher). I think what really hurt him was 2011 when The Tigers essentially had no back up catcher. I don't have the stats handy but he ended up catching an absurd amount of games at the end of the season (maybe like like 50 of 55). It was totally nuts and you could see that he was exhausted and running on guts alone but Leyland ran him out game after game. I do not think he was the same after that.
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

I've been pretty impressed by Torii Hunter. Man, every year, I'm like "I don't want anything to do with this guy on my fantasy teams" and every year he goes out there and does his thing. On pace for 23 HRs, 91 RBIs again this year. He's like the Energizer Bunny!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I've been pretty impressed by Torii Hunter. Man, every year, I'm like "I don't want anything to do with this guy on my fantasy teams" and every year he goes out there and does his thing. On pace for 23 HRs, 91 RBIs again this year. He's like the Energizer Bunny!
              Don't worry Ed, he'll get old real quick as soon as you own him....
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                Don't worry Ed, he'll get old real quick as soon as you own him....
                Oh yeah. I'll go all out on him next year, and he'll drop off the cliff.

Comment

Anibal Sanchez out 3-4 weeks with a strained pec. Bad timing for the Tigers!

Comment

David Price just lost a game with the following line: 8 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K. Looks like it's tied for the eighth best game score in a nine-inning-or-less losing effort.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      David Price just lost a game with the following line: 8 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 9 K. Looks like it's tied for the eighth best game score in a nine-inning-or-less losing effort.
                      Cause that chump Miggy sucks.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Joel Hanrahan needs TJ surgery again and is done for the season.

Comment

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus indicated Friday that Victor Martinez (knee) may not play first base at all this season.

Hitting .203 with 0 HR. If the knees are really that bad, will the bat ever come around?

Comment

Tigers manager Brad Ausmus indicated Friday that Victor Martinez (knee) may not play first base at all this season.

Hitting .203 with 0 HR. If the knees are really that bad, will the bat ever come around?
                            He really needs to go to the DL. He cannot plant and drive off of his bad knee. So he is hitting the ball with very little authority and is essentially hitting singles and then running from base to base. They say he cannot hurt the knee any further. I think the rest would allow the knee to get stronger. I think the power is gone for at least the first half of the year and I am not sure it does come back this year.
                            Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                            Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

V-Mart 8 for 23, .348 AVG and .385 OBP with a HR in his last 7 days. Back?

Comment

V-Mart 8 for 23, .348 AVG and .385 OBP with a HR in his last 7 days. Back?
                                Some of the way. He looks a lot better right handed, but only a little better left handed.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X