No announcement yet.

2K23: Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miggy hit #499 last night. Probably sits tonight against the O's and then he has 6 games at Comerica. He is also 50 hits away from 3000. Only about 6 players in the history of baseball have accomplished 500 HR and 3000 hits. Hank Aaron, Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pujols, Willie Mays, Rafael Palmeiro and Eddie Murray. If he gets to 3000 I think it will be next season.

Comment

• Broadcaster Jack Morris was suspended indefinitely after using a mock Japanese accent when asked about Shohei Ohtani.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Broadcaster Jack Morris was suspended indefinitely after using a mock Japanese accent when asked about Shohei Ohtani.
        How stupid to think you could get away with that in this day and age…. Calling Don Rickles and other comedians of Jacks era.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
          How stupid to think you could get away with that in this day and age…. Calling Don Rickles and other comedians of Jacks era.
          It was dumb. Some Detroiters thought when Morris said that he was imitating Elmer Fudd.

Comment

• Miggy just hit #500 (in Toronto)! Too bad it couldnt have been in Detroit. Congrats to a future HOFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
              Miggy just hit #500 (in Toronto)! Too bad it couldnt have been in Detroit. Congrats to a future HOFer.
              Quite an accomplishment. Next one provided he doesn't get hurt and likely will be next season 3,000 hits. Only 45 away from an joining a select group of only 6 others. Congrats Miggy.

Comment

• Miggy stated that he plans to play 2 more finishing his contract. I liked to see him get to 3,000 hits only 42 more to go but Ilitch and Avila need to have a talk and plan retirement next season. Offer him a coaching, advisory or some type of position and pay off his contract 64 mil for 2022 and 2023 plus an 8 mil buyout bringing the total to 72 mil. As much as I and many fans in Detroit have enjoyed Miggy it is time to go and let some other player take his spot.

Comment

• Candelario has quietly had a nice 2nd half.

AB 201 R 33 HR 9 RBI 37 BA .294 OBP .357 SLG .557 OPS .915

Miggy only 25 hits from 3,000.

Comment

• Riley Greene, who was expected to make the Opening Day roster, has a fractured foot and is out indefinitely

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Riley Greene, who was expected to make the Opening Day roster, has a fractured foot and is out indefinitely
                      Saves the Tigers from making a tough decision. Blows for Greene obviously.

Comment

• He legged out a triple after fouling off a 97 mph fastball from Cole. Out 6-8 weeks. Will the service time be complete before he comes back?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          He legged out a triple after fouling off a 97 mph fastball from Cole. Out 6-8 weeks. Will the service time be complete before he comes back?
                          He doesn't accrue any service time as he's not on the 40 man.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            He doesn't accrue any service time as he's not on the 40 man.
                            Avila stated that he wouldn't use service time as an excuse to have Greene and Tork not to start on opening day. My understanding is teams send their minors down and bring them up later because they get an extra year. So if Greene is out until June and the Tigers activate him how is this factored in? Excuse my confusion on this subject.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              Avila stated that he wouldn't use service time as an excuse to have Greene and Tork not to start on opening day. My understanding is teams send their minors down and bring them up later because they get an extra year. So if Greene is out until June and the Tigers activate him how is this factored in? Excuse my confusion on this subject.
                              Greene was a non roster invitee to ST, i.e. not on the 40 man. He is the same as any other minor league player. If they activate him in the summer that's when his clock would start. Given the length of his expected absence he will also not qualify for Super 2 this year if activated as he wouldn't be in the earliest 22% of callups.

The Tigers decision was going to be whether they should put him on the 40 man and start the season in the majors or leave him off for a few weeks to get the extra year. That is moot now for Greene, but is still a possibility for Tork.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                Greene was a non roster invitee to ST, i.e. not on the 40 man. He is the same as any other minor league player. If they activate him in the summer that's when his clock would start. Given the length of his expected absence he will also not qualify for Super 2 this year if activated as he wouldn't be in the earliest 22% of callups.

The Tigers decision was going to be whether they should put him on the 40 man and start the season in the majors or leave him off for a few weeks to get the extra year. That is moot now for Greene, but is still a possibility for Tork.
                                Thank you for the explanation. Had he not been hurt I was 80-90% sure he was coming north.

Comment

Working...
                                X