Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Uh-oh...Jose Abreu.

Jose Abreu left Sunday's game against the Mariners after being struck on the left knee by a fastball.

Abreu was hit on the knee by a 96 mile per hour sinker from Seattle pitcher JT Chargois. The reigning Most Valuable Player was on the ground in pain for a lengthy period of time before being helped off the field, unable to put weight on his left leg.
    Just in time for E Escobar to join the team....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Interesting fact I noticed from today's resumption of yesterday's suspended game and then today's scheduled game. The 1st game was 9 innings but the 2nd game was 7 innings, even tho this wasnt technically a doubleheader. It strikes me that if this wasnt a doubleheader, then both games should have been 9 innings but if it was deemed to be a doubleheader then both games should have been 7 innings (the suspended game was stopped in the 3rd inning so they could have made it a 7 inn. game). I've never really understood the rationale for doubleheader games suddenly being 7 innings anyway. MLB games have always been 9 innings. And even in the minors and college, when they play doubleheaders the 1st game still is 9 innings - it's only the 2nd game that's 7 innings.

I dont really like any of these recent rules changes, except the automatic intentional walk. They wont implement the one rule that they should implement, which is the enforcement of the pitch clock which already has been proven to reduce game durations by several minutes.

Comment

• Yasmani Grandal underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair the torn tendon in his left knee. See you in 2022.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yasmani Grandal underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair the torn tendon in his left knee. See you in 2022.
          Fake news! Per Yahoo!:

Yasmani Grandal underwent surgery on Wednesday to repair the tendon tear in his left knee.

Advice: "The procedure was performed [Friday] by Dr. Nikhil Verma of Midwest Ortho. at Rush, with Dr. Shane Nho assisting, at Gold Coast Surgery Center," a statement from the White Sox reads. Grandal was placed on the injured list with the torn tendon, and this likely extends the four-to-six week timeline that was the original diagnosis. The White Sox do expect Grandal to return before the campaign ends, but fantasy managers who are relying on Grandal need to look elsewhere for 2021.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Adam Eaton DFA’d

Comment

• So, 4/9ths of the White Sox hitters have suffered season-ending or major injuries prior to the AS Break, one was so bad to be DFA'd, and while Moncada's BA and OBP are very good, his power has disappeared - his SLG is like 30 points lower than Nick Madrigal's was when Madrigal got hurt.

And they're still 8 games up in the AL Central. That division has turned into the baseball version of the NFC East in football.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                So, 4/9ths of the White Sox hitters have suffered season-ending or major injuries prior to the AS Break, one was so bad to be DFA'd, and while Moncada's BA and OBP are very good, his power has disappeared - his SLG is like 30 points lower than Nick Madrigal's was when Madrigal got hurt.

And they're still 8 games up in the AL Central. That division has turned into the baseball version of the NFC East in football.
                Yeah, I don't know if it is more a testament to the WS resilience or just how putrid the AL Central is. I agree the latter has a lot to do with it, but it is impressive nonetheless how the WS have overcome injuries this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  Depends on how bad it gets
                  Local Score morning drive hosts were singing the praises of LaRussa yesterday morning. Gets high marks for the way he has handled getting the young fill in bats into the lineup and kept them in the race. He was also given high marks for how he has handled the disappointing bull pen.

They agreed that an 8 game lead this late in the first half has never been done in their lifetimes.

Comment

• Is Grandal worth holding in a redraft situation? It sounds like he will be out 6+ weeks which puts us at least early Sep. My league playoffs run the first 3 weeks of Sep so I don't see him being much help. Am I missing anything? Any chance he returns sooner?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      Is Grandal worth holding in a redraft situation? It sounds like he will be out 6+ weeks which puts us at least early Sep. My league playoffs run the first 3 weeks of Sep so I don't see him being much help. Am I missing anything? Any chance he returns sooner?
                      I'm thinking they would just want him healthy for the post-season, so figure a couple of weeks in the majors beforehand.

Comment

• Yermin Mercedes has retired from baseball. Honest. But, check back again tomorrow.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wonder if that means he can't be traded.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Mercedes has reported back (unretired) to Triple-A today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Mercedes has reported back (unretired) to Triple-A today.
                              I blame LaRussa...
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                I blame LaRussa...
                                He's definitely to blame. Now we'll see if LaRussa is really running the show in Chi-town if the front office quickly deals Mercedes for a couple of rosin bags.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X