2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    Of course I have Viciedo on my bench in a 20 teamer because Verlander is on the mound....4 for 4 and hitting .361...wait...this isn't the whining thread
    EVERY thread is the whining thread...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
      Of course I have Viciedo on my bench in a 20 teamer because Verlander is on the mound....4 for 4 and hitting .361...wait...this isn't the whining thread
      Historically the White Sox hit Verlander pretty hard.

Comment

Not every thread. I drafted Jose Fernandez in the 21st round last year.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Marcus Semien has been really productive at 2B, but Gordon Beckham is back soon. Does Semien have a chance to keep the job?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Marcus Semien has been really productive at 2B, but Gordon Beckham is back soon. Does Semien have a chance to keep the job?
            Conor Gillaspie is hurt so Semien stay in the lineup for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
              Conor Gillaspie is hurt so Semien stay in the lineup for awhile
              From what I was reading, it sounds like Gillaspie's injury is pretty minor. And while Beckham has been mediocre in his rehab stint, it sounds like he'll be back this weekend. I guess I just don't see how Beckham will be any more productive than Semien, but I'm sure it makes more sense for the Sox to start Beckham. I have Semien and would like to have some confidence in trading away Ackley to start him.

Comment

From what I was reading, it sounds like Gillaspie's injury is pretty minor. And while Beckham has been mediocre in his rehab stint, it sounds like he'll be back this weekend. I guess I just don't see how Beckham will be any more productive than Semien, but I'm sure it makes more sense for the Sox to start Beckham. I have Semien and would like to have some confidence in trading away Ackley to start him.
                Yeah, Semien has been surprisingly productive. I don't see how he loses ABs to craptastic Beckham, but he may. Why do you think it makes more sense for them to start Beckham over Semien?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Yeah, Semien has been surprisingly productive. I don't see how he loses ABs to craptastic Beckham, but he may. Why do you think it makes more sense for them to start Beckham over Semien?
                  Three reasons:
                  1- beckham is making $4.3m this season.
                  2- it's pretty clear Semien can handle the job, so if they play Beckham and he plays well, they can deal him.
                  3- it doesn't make sense to have Semien on the bench.

Both have options remaining, so either can be demoted. But I doubt they demote Beckham. Maybe they are progressive and let Semien start, and then just not offer Beckham arbitration in the offseason.

Comment

Anyone notice Chris Sale's WHIP is an incredibly minuscule 0.59? Cripes.

Comment

Jeff Samardzija, WTF?

Comment

Jeff Samardzija, WTF?
                        IDK man, he's killing me though. His velo is down a bit, but it seems like he's just prone to blow up in the 1st inning or two...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Jeff Samardzija, WTF?
                          The first 2 pitchers I drafted in 1 league were Shark and Hughes. I also have Cobb and McCarthy and traded Kazmir.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Rodon sighting. Rodon sighting. Battle stations. Battle stations. Man the defenses.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              IDK man, he's killing me though. His velo is down a bit, but it seems like he's just prone to blow up in the 1st inning or two...
                              care to revive that shark v. madbum discussion?
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                                care to revive that shark v. madbum discussion?
                                Not looking pretty for me now, is it? Shark is going to reel off (see what I did there?) a bunch of good performances, but he'll never get back to a sub three ERA at this point...what do I owe you?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X