No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday night's game between the White Sox and Indians has been postponed due to snow.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I got a reasonable semi-firm offer giving me Yoan Moncada, who is signed through next year at $11 (this year) and $16 (next year) with Valdez (I need a closer and have Tanner Scott) for Yuli and Adam Eaton. Seems like a decent buy low opportunity to me. What sayeth the pen?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        I got a reasonable semi-firm offer giving me Yoan Moncada, who is signed through next year at $11 (this year) and $16 (next year) with Valdez (I need a closer and have Tanner Scott) for Yuli and Adam Eaton. Seems like a decent buy low opportunity to me. What sayeth the pen?
        I think that it's a fair deal for you...I wouldn't count on more than a few months of Valdez, but if he's gets you 15 saves, it's gravy.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          I think that it's a fair deal for you...I wouldn't count on more than a few months of Valdez, but if he's gets you 15 saves, it's gravy.
          Yeah, I'd do the deal.

Comment

• Deal is done. And yeah, I question Valdez, but having Tanner Scott makes it easier for me to go for him. The big question mark is Moncada. If he gets hot for a month or two, I can move him in a dump trade for far more than I gave up for both. If he can't break the Mendoza Line, I might be stuck with him for a while with no return.

Comment

Deal is done. And yeah, I question Valdez, but having Tanner Scott makes it easier for me to go for him. The big question mark is Moncada. If he gets hot for a month or two, I can move him in a dump trade for far more than I gave up for both. If he can't break the Mendoza Line, I might be stuck with him for a while with no return.
              You made out.
              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                You made out.
                Thanks! April is funny. When we made the trade on Thursday, Moncada was batting .200. He's now, two games later, batting .265. If he was batting .265 on Thursday, there is an absolutely zero chance that he would have even been mentioned in our trade discussions. Of course, I don't have him until Tuesday, so the guy I traded with has passed me in batting average and caught me overall in the meantime, lol. Still, I happily take it.

Comment

Thanks! April is funny. When we made the trade on Thursday, Moncada was batting .200. He's now, two games later, batting .265. If he was batting .265 on Thursday, there is an absolutely zero chance that he would have even been mentioned in our trade discussions. Of course, I don't have him until Tuesday, so the guy I traded with has passed me in batting average and caught me overall in the meantime, lol. Still, I happily take it.
                  Yeah, I never mind at all when I guy I trade for starts to go off while still on the other team. I like to rub it in, saying he is showing him what he gave up on. The quicker a player turns it around after I buy low, the more lucky I feel that I pulled off the trade just in the nick of time.

Comment

• Another spot start for Kopech on Sunday because Giolito cut his hand on a water bottle.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Another spot start for Kopech on Sunday because Giolito cut his hand on a water bottle.
                      Probably trying to slash his wrists after his last start...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Another spot start for Kopech on Sunday because Giolito cut his hand on a water bottle.
                        I wish Kopech could work his way into the rotation permanently. Maybe they move Cease to the pen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                          I wish Kopech could work his way into the rotation permanently. Maybe they move Cease to the pen.
                          I do too.

This is sort of the MO for the White Sox over the years. I don't know if Tony Larussa is on that same page, but it does seem like it. I expect to see Kopech in the rotation before the half way point.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                            I think Kopech will be a full-time starter by mid-season. The White Sox want to limit his innings since he didn't pitch the last two seasons. Plus, they are probably going to need him for the post-season. Their plan for Kopech seems to be working well so far.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Not so fast on Kopech in the rotation. LA Russa compares his situation to Wainwright in 2006 when he was in relief the whole year and then joined the rotation the next year.

Lucas Giolito suffered a "freak minor injury," pushing his start back from yesterday to Tuesday and allowing the White Sox …
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Not so fast on Kopech in the rotation. LA Russa compares his situation to Wainwright in 2006 when he was in relief the whole year and then joined the rotation the next year.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...edium=facebook
                                Thanks for the article. There are some others mentioned that I want to check out later.

Keeping my theory alive this was Larussa's comment at the end of the Wainwright comment:

"or maybe later on he pitches this year as a starter.”

Comment

Working...
                                X