2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Yoan Moncada has whiffed in 24 of his 49 ABs so far.
    Which means he didn't whiff in 25 other at bats.

Why so negative?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Which means he didn't whiff in 25 other at bats.

Why so negative?
      Miguel Sano has whiffed in 22 of his 40 ABs, so there's that.

Comment

• and I own both Sano and Moncada!
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Moncada with stolen bases in back to back games

Comment

• Eloy Jimenez promoted to AAA. If he keeps it up, I'd expect him in Chicago around the AS Break.

Comment

• White Sox close to a 6-year guaranteed contract with Eloy Jimenez, so I guess if they complete it that means no service time shenanigans for him and he'll be the starting RFer on opening day.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                White Sox close to a 6-year guaranteed contract with Eloy Jimenez, so I guess if they complete it that means no service time shenanigans for him and he'll be the starting RFer on opening day.
                Yeah, I love that teams are doing this. A win-win for both sides. It doesn't always work out for teams--Kingery and Singleton comes to mind, but the risk is worth the reward, especially for a guy like Eloy, who would be the consensus best bat in the minors if it wasn't for Vlad Jr.

Comment

• Palka demoted after hitting 27 HRs last year as a rookie. Is he worth holding in an AL league where you need to use up a bench spot for a minor leaguer?

Comment

• Palka, Palka, Palka? Palka, palka, palka... No? Twin Lakes Palka... Domavougi Palka A.K.A. Kiss me palka...palka twist?

Actually I don't know much about him. 27 years old, good power in the minors, poor OBA. Had a .430 slugging in minors in 2017. How many teams in your league ? Seems like he probably isn't worth holding unless it is pretty deep and/or he is super cheap in a keeper league where there is promise of a payoff down the road.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                      Palka demoted after hitting 27 HRs last year as a rookie. Is he worth holding in an AL league where you need to use up a bench spot for a minor leaguer?
                      .027 average will tend to get you demoted.

In a 12 team AL Only he's definitely worth holding. 10 team, I wouldn't.

Comment

• Carlos Rodon WTF? Gave up 8 er Friday and dropped me several spots in era & whip! He looked like he was on the verge of breakout before this.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Carlos Rodon WTF? Gave up 8 er Friday and dropped me several spots in era & whip! He looked like he was on the verge of breakout before this.
                          Unlucky!
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I cut Palka myself. Don’t think you need to use the spot.

Comment

• Reynaldo Lopez, along with his 7.46 era before today, strikes out a career-high 14 batters over six innings with no earned runs! Maybe he switched uniforms with Rodon.

edit: After further review, i see that Lopez has had 3 good starts in a row. Most of the damage to his ratios came in his first 3 starts.
                              Last edited by madducks; 04-28-2019, 06:24 PM.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Reynaldo Lopez, along with his 7.46 era before today, strikes out a career-high 14 batters over six innings with no earned runs! Maybe he switched uniforms with Rodon.

edit: After further review, i see that Lopez has had 3 good starts in a row. Most of the damage to his ratios came in his first 3 starts.
                                I was gonna say.... a few bad starts then a few good ones. Typical for young starters

Comment

Working...
                                X