2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I've ticked him down a little, but not a lot. Key challenge with any chronic blood cancer is recovery time, so I think the Indians will work hard to keep him on as fixed of a schedule as possible and limit his pitch counts more than in the past. Main concern for me is if he gets any kind of injury - his recovery time will be longer than average, and possibly much longer.
    I think I already know the answer to this based on this comment, and your thoughts in the Red Sox thread but who would you take first or for more money--Sale or Carrasco--in a 14 team mixed league. Sale has an intact ucl, it seems, but is still a risk for TJ. Riskier but with more upside. The risk/reward factor is different in a mixed league, so is it close?
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-06-2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I think I already know the answer to this based on this comment, and your thoughts in the Red Sox thread but who would you take first or for more money--Sale or Carrasco--in a 14 team mixed league. Sale has an intact ucl, it seems, but is still a risk for TJ. Riskier but with more upside. The risk/reward factor is different in a mixed league, so is it close?
      It is close, IMO, but I would take Carrasco at this point. Most recent read I saw on Sale was he'd be re-evaluated at the end of the month.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

It is close, IMO, but I would take Carrasco at this point. Most recent read I saw on Sale was he'd be re-evaluated at the end of the month.
        Yeah, I'd take Carrasco and hope I would get 130 innings. I trust Carrasco's ability to deliver more innings, and in all honesty I don't think there's a difference in how much I trust them to deliver quality at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Yeah, I'd take Carrasco and hope I would get 130 innings. I trust Carrasco's ability to deliver more innings, and in all honesty I don't think there's a difference in how much I trust them to deliver quality at this point.
          slightly off topic but food for thought re the carrasco/sale topic...mlb has returned to a 15 dl for pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Diagnosed as a sprained wrist. He's considered day-to-day, but will be re-evaluated on Friday morning.
            Headed for an MRI today

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Headed for an MRI today
              I wish you luck, hope it turns out well
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Oscar Mercado remains day-to-day after an MRI showed he has a mild left wrist sprain, according to the team.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trying to keep all of these non-Bieber SPs straight in my head. With Carrasco having elbow issues and Clevenger out at least a couple weeks of the regular season, there's a lot of opportunities here. They're basically all the same low walk, right-handed, not really dominant guys.

Roster Resource has them:
                  1-Bieber
                  2-Carrasco
                  3-Aaron Civale
                  4-Zach Plesac
                  5-Adam Plutko
                  6-Logan Allen? He's a lefty though.
                  7-Jefry Rodriguez?

I kind of like Plesac and Plutko as late-round guys, hopefully they stick around long enough to get some DET/KC matchups.

Comment

• I'm beginning to get intrigued with Plesac. Early results in ST look like he has almost another full MPH on his fastball. Combine that with minors results that indicated better BB:K ratios, and there could well be something good there.

Comment

• Emmanuel Clase, the key player the Indians got in the Corey Kluber trade, suspended 80 games for PEDs. Wow did they get heisted.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Emmanuel Clase, the key player the Indians got in the Corey Kluber trade, suspended 80 games for PEDs. Wow did they get heisted.
                        No wonder his lat recovery was going so well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Emmanuel Clase, the key player the Indians got in the Corey Kluber trade, suspended 80 games for PEDs. Wow did they get heisted.
                          I suspect Cleveland knew that Kluber was either toast, or about to be, and got out while the getting was good. Clase is still only 21 and had a chance to be a good pitcher for a long time...lots of guys have come back from PED suspensions no worse for the wear.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Glad I took Karinchak instead of him now!!!!!

Comment

I'm beginning to get intrigued with Plesac. Early results in ST look like he has almost another full MPH on his fastball. Combine that with minors results that indicated better BB:K ratios, and there could well be something good there.
                              Zach Plesac was sent home by the Indians and will be quarantined for 72 hours after going out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night.

Plesac tossed six scoreless innings against the White Sox on Saturday afternoon and apparently wanted to celebrate the impressive outing, but he did so in violation of team rules and MLB's COVID-19 health and safety protocols. Plesac's actions have "upset teammates and club officials," per Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, and it's unclear whether he'll be given the go-ahead to make his scheduled start next weekend in Detroit.
                              Source: The Athletic
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Zach Plesac was sent home by the Indians and will be quarantined for 72 hours after going out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night.
                                I'll remember to add "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" for next year's review.

Good for Cleveland for being transparent and getting on top of this. Slap him with a team imposed five-game suspension and I'd be really impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X