2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I'll remember to add "not the sharpest knife in the drawer" for next year's review.

Good for Cleveland for being transparent and getting on top of this. Slap him with a team imposed five-game suspension and I'd be really impressed.
    Add Clevinger to the list, he went with Plesac.

Comment

• While Plesac was driving home, Clevinger flew home on the team charter, after sitting through a meeting about Plesac's transgression on Sunday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        While Plesac was driving home, Clevinger flew home on the team charter, after sitting through a meeting about Plesac's transgression on Sunday.
        What a guy.

Comment

• Lindor and Plutko certainly didn't pull any punches in their replies.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            And here's a quote from Clevinger, about Plesac. Phony bastard...
            According to my buddy who is the drive-time sports radio host in Cleveland, this is NOT a quote about Plesac but a quote by Clevenger from earlier this year. Still shows hypocrisy, but it was not about the Plesac incident.

Comment

• And now the Indians send both to Alternative site after a clubhouse meeting with the players and the rest of the team. Plesac then release a 6 min video - saying the media was picking on him. Tito was not Pleased. Some said clevinger will be shopped around and not with the team next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                And now the Indians send both to Alternative site after a clubhouse meeting with the players and the rest of the team. Plesac then release a 6 min video - saying the media was picking on him. Tito was not Pleased. Some said clevinger will be shopped around and not with the team next year.
                Makes sense - Indians have been shopping Clevinger for a while; this likely drops his price to a point where they might find a taker.

You've been very generous to Plesac, as he referred to the media as "evil" at least twice in that rant. Fundamentally, I happen to agree with him - my view of sports media in general aligns with Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry" - but his timing and whinyness definitely dug his hole a lot bigger than it already was.

Comment

You've been very generous to Plesac, as he referred to the media as "evil" at least twice in that rant. Fundamentally, I happen to agree with him - my view of sports media in general aligns with Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry" - but his timing and whinyness definitely dug his hole a lot bigger than it already was.
                  Where have i heard that before?
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It could end up being a very expensive night out for Clevinger and Plesac since they could both end up not receiving credit for their one year of service time in 2020. The Indians now have a legitimate reason to keep them both optioned at the alternate training site long enough to delay their arbitration/free agency.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      It could end up being a very expensive night out for Clevinger and Plesac since they could both end up not receiving credit for their one year of service time in 2020. The Indians now have a legitimate reason to keep them both optioned at the alternate training site long enough to delay their arbitration/free agency.
                      Given that Clevinger has pretty much burnt his bridges with the Indians, he might as well salt the fields and napalm the trees if the Indians look to do what you say - he can come back for regular season games if/when the Indians reinstate him and then opt-out come playoff time. That would essentially screw the Indians two ways - first, I don't think they go far in the playoffs without Clevinger, and second, he'll make himself even more radioactive and drive his trade value down lower.

Comment

Given that Clevinger has pretty much burnt his bridges with the Indians, he might as well salt the fields and napalm the trees if the Indians look to do what you say - he can come back for regular season games if/when the Indians reinstate him and then opt-out come playoff time. That would essentially screw the Indians two ways - first, I don't think they go far in the playoffs without Clevinger, and second, he'll make himself even more radioactive and drive his trade value down lower.
                        sounds like a good career move
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          sounds like a good career move
                          With his ability, by the time he'd come around to free agency, teams wouldn't care.

Comment

With his ability, by the time he'd come around to free agency, teams wouldn't care.
                            Maybe. I'm not so sure everyone would be willing to overlook a player walking out when the playoffs start, along with what he has already done
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Indians option OF Oscar Mercado to their alternate training site.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X