2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Oh, and Lindor should be in the MVP discussion too. I think he is behind Altuve and maybe a couple of other guys, but he deserves a top 5 finish.
    Not sure. Trout, Altuve, Jose Ramirez, Judge, and maybe Springer, Andrus and Andrelton Simmons are likely ahead of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
      Not sure. Trout, Altuve, Jose Ramirez, Judge, and maybe Springer, Andrus and Andrelton Simmons are likely ahead of him.
      I love Judge, but I would not put him above Lindor who is a complete star on offense and defense. I also wouldn't put Trout and Springer above him given the time they have missed this year. To me, Altuve is the only guy clearly way ahead of Lindor. Andrus and Simmons and Ramirez are right there with him, but not clearly ahead of him imo. I know Simmons is the one SS who can claim to be Lindor's clear superior, but he is behind Lindor at the plate. Elvis is right there in terms of production, but he has turned into a subpar defender--in fact, I've seen some measures indicate he has been among the very worst defenders in baseball over the last 2-3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        I'm convinced that in 2018 redraft leagues, the top 4 should be Kershaw, Scherzer, Kluber & Sale.
        what?!?! No Hoskins?!?!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          what?!?! No Hoskins?!?!
          Lol. I know right?! His 162 pace is 80 homers!

Comment

I love Judge, but I would not put him above Lindor who is a complete star on offense and defense. I also wouldn't put Trout and Springer above him given the time they have missed this year. To me, Altuve is the only guy clearly way ahead of Lindor. Andrus and Simmons and Ramirez are right there with him, but not clearly ahead of him imo. I know Simmons is the one SS who can claim to be Lindor's clear superior, but he is behind Lindor at the plate. Elvis is right there in terms of production, but he has turned into a subpar defender--in fact, I've seen some measures indicate he has been among the very worst defenders in baseball over the last 2-3 years.
            Interesting. I don't think he's been that amazing on offense this year. He's certainly been incredible lately but he was a bit of a disappointment in the first half (home runs aside) and still "only" has a .336 OBP and 114 OPS+, which is not amazing. If I was voting, I'd go Altuve, Trout, Ramirez, Judge, Simmons, and then some mix of Lindor, Andrus, and Springer.

Comment

Lol. I know right?! His 162 pace is 80 homers!
              Right? He's gotta be in the 1/2 mix with Otani...
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Elvis is right there in terms of production, but he has turned into a subpar defender--in fact, I've seen some measures indicate he has been among the very worst defenders in baseball over the last 2-3 years.
                Hmm, his dWAR on BR is 1.2.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  Judge has been MIA since the AS Break. He'll get some votes but I doubt he finishes anywhere close.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Hmm, his dWAR on BR is 1.2.
                    I guess my info is dated. He had a dWAR of -.4 in 2014, and has been sub 1 the last couple of years, but he is having a better year this year. I don't watch him much so I will defer to those who do. I am also surprised Lindor's dWAR is down to .9 this year from 2.7 last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      I forgot no Andrew Miller either - who was the MVP of the AL playoffs last year.

Here is hoping I get to go to Parade # 2 !!!!
                      Well, Miller is back. That should, umm, help I guess ...
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• 22!!!

Comment

• And with a bottom of the 9th double by Lindor to drive in the tying run and Jay Bruce (who has been awesome since coming to the Tribe) with an RBI double in the 10th to win it!

Comment

• It had to end sometime. It was a hell of a run. I have no connection to Cleveland, but I really like that organization in recent years. I'm rooting for them to win it this year, after being the runner up to what was the longest cursed franchise in history.

Comment

It had to end sometime. It was a hell of a run. I have no connection to Cleveland, but I really like that organization in recent years. I'm rooting for them to win it this year, after being the runner up to what was the longest cursed franchise in history.
                              I agree. This was really fun to watch and i really wanted to see the Indians get at least 26 and tie the record. But, the Indians players will always be able to say that they were a part of the great winning streak of 2017.

On a side note, it must have been tremendous pressure on the Indians players to not be "that guy" who screwed up really bad and caused the streak to end.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It had to end sometime. It was a hell of a run. I have no connection to Cleveland, but I really like that organization in recent years. I'm rooting for them to win it this year, after being the runner up to what was the longest cursed franchise in history.
                                agree
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X